The NSS is seeking a Social Media Committee (SMC) Chair. After several years, our current Chair, Liana “Lee” Boop, is to stepping down. Many, many thanks to Lee for taking a fledgling committee and turning it into the premier content it now is.
Duties of the SMC Committee Chair shall, in the broadest sense, oversee the actions of the SMC. They will foster the creation of high-quality materials by SMC members by offering respectful critique and guidance while encouraging creativity and
innovation in all team members.
Specific duties include:
- Coordinate distribution of content over Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, and Tumblr;
• Principally monitor firstname.lastname@example.org
• Prepare tri-annual progress and analytical reports in advance of BOG meetings;
• Discuss the use of social media with NSS internal organization leaders to explore beneficial growth directions;
• Oversee graphic design operations and give final proofread before release;
• To the extent possible, recruit new talent and fulfill duties of vacant positions within the SMC; and
• Monitor email@example.com
and maintain the Google Calendar embedded at http://caves.org/info/events.shtml
Please send inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org
. The desired start date for this volunteer position is August 1, 2015. Learn more about the SMC's duties and personnel at caves.org/committee/sm.
President, National Speleological Society