Private party?

Questions and discussion regarding the IT behind caves.org

Moderators: vtdarrell, Moderators

Re: Private party?

Postby CaveGimp » Jun 5, 2009 3:42 pm

The reason so many people in the NSS don't post is we are too busy caving!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :cavingrocks: :waving:

(Just padding my very low post count and adding some humor)

Similar situtations are seen at all levels, say at a grotto meeting. At my grotto there are only a few talkers, the rest listen and only speak to go on a trip. We try to get new folks to give trip reports and such, but some are just quiet types. Doesn't mean they aren't caving, or contributing, they are just quiet. They may may a quick announcement about a survey trip and thats it. Then there are folks like me who have to be told to shut up at times. Keep in mind our meetings typicall have about 10-15 people present.

To the OP the stats are typical of a forum like this, and tends to show more people are using this as a resource and only posting when they are knowledgable on a topic. Again that adds to the quality of this forum. If every idoit like me posted on every thread, this place would be useless. Take the Apex thread for example. Lots of great info in there, but one has to dig through tons of posts to get to it.

I'm done, back to caving, or thinking about caving. :grin:
CaveGimp
Frequent Poster

Name: Glenn Tooley
NSS #: 54570
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Central Arizona Grotto

Previous

Return to IT Forum