Links II

Questions and discussion regarding the IT behind caves.org

Moderators: vtdarrell, Moderators

Links II

Postby GroundquestMSA » Apr 6, 2013 10:13 pm

There are a wealth of valuable links to be found scattered around this forum, sometimes in incongruous places. Is there any possibility that a "Links" page could be added to provide easy access to a large number of links provided by the users? They could be organized by category and even have a brief description of the site linked. I don't know if it is possible to allow users to make additions to the same post, perhaps a topic with sub-topics would be neccesary to organize the submissions.
I don't know if many would find such a thing useful. I know I would.
GroundquestMSA
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Re: Links II

Postby NZcaver » Apr 6, 2013 11:29 pm

Not sure the forum platform will allow us to create some sort of collaborative list which anybody can edit. David would need to answer that one. But there's nothing stopping you picking a sub-forum and starting a new topic listing a bunch of related links and brief descriptions.

Personally I like the idea of keeping information in one place so people can find it easier. That seldom happens here. If I had a nickel for every time somebody asked "what headlamp should I get?"....
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby David Grimes » Apr 7, 2013 7:54 am

It is not possible to create a list like NZ noted. The worst part is, any list would have to be created manually and all the links added one by one since there is no way to make a list of the existing links on the site.
David Grimes
Admin

NSS #: 59533
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Indiana Underground Society

Postby GroundquestMSA » Apr 7, 2013 7:05 pm

I'll start a topic in two or three subforums asking for appropriate links. I'll add whatever ones I run across myself and hope that a few other people share a few.
GroundquestMSA
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to IT Forum