Caves.com Update/Call for articles

NSS News, other caving publications, and books.

Moderator: Moderators

Caves.com Update/Call for articles

Postby cavescom » Jan 12, 2006 10:21 am

Caves.com/Cavediggers.com Update

1) I have majorly revamped http://www.caves.com and now in the process of trying to gather new articles to publish on the site, new links for the links page, and links to great photo galleries. If you have articles please send them to: mark@cavediggers.com

2) Interviews---Aaron Bird now has a section on the lower left of the front page titled "Interviews" with links to 6 of his interviews. I have also given Aaron a "wishlist" of new interviews to be done. Aaron will be working on those.....so look for some incredible stuff coming soon to this section. If you have suggestions for folks you would like to see interviewed....send those names and contact info. to me at mark@cavediggers.com

3) Vertical by Al Warild----The frontpage now has links directly to each Chapter of Vertical by Al Warild for quick reference......it is a fantastic online book!

3) Caves.com Magazine---The frontpage now has links directly to each Issue of the magazine for quick reference.

4) Top Photographers---This section links to our selection of top cave photo galleries on the web. If you know of other fantastic well organized galleries please send me links. mark@cavediggers.com

5) Screensavers---Would love to have more screensavers to add to the Screensavers page....send them to mark@cavediggers.com for inclusion on this page http://www.cavediggers.com/Main_Page/Sc ... avers.html

Happy Caving in 2006. Mark Passerby, Caves.com
cavescom
Prolific Poster

Postby Cheryl Jones » Jan 12, 2006 6:23 pm

Great site! :kewl: Thanks and congrats! :rock band:

Cheryl
Cheryl Jones
Global Moderator

Name: Cheryl Jones
NSS #: 14479 FE OS
Primary Grotto Affiliation: BATS

Postby caverdoc » Jan 12, 2006 8:46 pm

Mark
Thanks for your awesome web site! I've especially enjoyed reading Al Warild's updated web version of "Vertical" since I thoroughly enjoyed his original book.
Doc Kennedy
caverdoc
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Jay Kennedy
NSS #: 18198
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Kansas City Area Grotto + Carroll Cave Conservancy + WVACS

Postby NZcaver » Jan 13, 2006 3:41 am

I've tried both caves.com and cavediggers.com a few times tonight, but I just get the "cannot find server" message. What's going on? :?
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby bigalpha » Jan 13, 2006 11:06 am

Maybe it's your ISP or browser settings. I can get to it just fine.

either that or the government knows you saw!
bigalpha
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby NZcaver » Jan 13, 2006 3:43 pm

bigalpha wrote:Maybe it's your ISP or browser settings. I can get to it just fine.

either that or the government knows you saw!

Strange - it seems to work fine today, and I didn't change any browser settings. Couldn't get to it even after repeated attempts last night. Oh, well... must be a conspiracy :laughing:
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Return to Publications