Problems with the December NSS News

NSS News, other caving publications, and books.

Moderator: Moderators

Problems with the December NSS News

Postby Keith K » Dec 14, 2005 2:33 pm

I received my December issue of the NSS News a couple of weeks ago. As usual this is an exciting day once I see it in my mailbox. Once I started looking through the issue I realized there were a couple of duplicate pages which caused a couple missing pages. Duplicate pages are 7-10 & 23-26. The missing pages are 11-14 & 19-22. I would like to receive a replacement issue but do not know whom to contact. I sent an email to the editor but have not received a reply. How do I go about getting in touch with the correct person to get a replacement issue? Thanks for the help
Keith K
Occasional Poster

Postby Cindy Heazlit » Dec 14, 2005 2:59 pm

Contact the NSS office instead of contacting Dave.

nss AT caves DOT org
Cindy Heazlit
Frequent Poster

Postby mgmills » Dec 14, 2005 5:17 pm

Cindy Heazlit wrote:Contact the NSS office instead of contacting Dave.

nss AT caves DOT org

:yeah that:

Cindy is correct. The NSS office is the appropriate contact for this problem. The phone number (256-852-1300) and e-mail contact info (which Cindy provided) for the NSS office is on page 3 of the December 2005 issue. . . just above the contact info for the editor.
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Name: Martha Mills
NSS #: 39864
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Postby Dave Bunnell » Dec 14, 2005 5:40 pm

Keith,

I forwarded your note on to the office and replied to you on Nov. 29th that I was doing so. They told me they'd take care of it, so I'm surpised they haven't gotten one to you. It may be because they hadn't gotten their shipment from the printer yet, which is sent media mail (even slower than second class). You might drop them a note as the ladies suggest to see what the status is.

BTW, this didn't appear to be a general problem. We sometimes get a few out of the 10,000 we print where this sort of thing happens. But we always print about 400 overrun for the office so always have extra.

Dave
NSS News Editor
Dave Bunnell
Prolific Poster

Postby Keith K » Dec 16, 2005 3:53 am

I tried the nss at cave email before posting here but did not recieve a reply from that address either. I will try calling instead. Dave, I never recieved the reply you sent. You were the first one I contacted. It is possible it was lost to cyberspace.

Keith
Keith K
Occasional Poster

Postby Cheryl Jones » Dec 16, 2005 9:04 pm

nss at caves
Cheryl Jones
Global Moderator

Name: Cheryl Jones
NSS #: 14479 FE OS
Primary Grotto Affiliation: BATS

Postby Keith K » Dec 20, 2005 2:54 am

Actually I copy and pasted the email addy directly from the NSS website so I know it was correct. Still no response. Perhaps my check for membership renewal will meet the same fate next year.
Keith K
Occasional Poster

Postby Cheryl Jones » Dec 20, 2005 12:06 pm

Hmmm. You say you didn't receive Dave's reply either. Could the problem be an IT one? Maybe the e-mail from the NSS Office and Dave are being snagged as spam? For a while my ISP was rejecting/bouncing most mail from the NSS office. Go figure. What did Stephanie or Annette say when you phoned?
Cheryl Jones
NSS OVP
Cheryl Jones
Global Moderator

Postby Keith K » Dec 22, 2005 2:18 pm

To many days had past to look through my junk mail file but all the other mail I have gotten from the NSS is always in my regular inbox. Anyway, I finally recieved a response from Stephanie indicating that a replacement issue is on its way.
Keith K
Occasional Poster

Postby Cheryl Jones » Dec 22, 2005 11:12 pm

Good news! :grin:

Cheryl
Cheryl Jones
Global Moderator

Postby wildmanjeff » Jan 6, 2006 2:02 am

dude, I had some checks stick together during printing by checks in the mail-- sent off checks to a credit card company with no nameor routing info--you think your sit bites-- though I know it sucks, is printing prob
cave safely
wildmanjeff
Infrequent Poster

Return to Publications