ACA Arrived!

NSS News, other caving publications, and books.

Moderator: Moderators

ACA Arrived!

Postby Cheryl Jones » Jun 9, 2007 11:25 pm

Yea! My American Caving Accidents arrived today! :banana: It looks great, Bill. Thanks! Cool cover photo too.

Cheryl

PS: More info, accident data on past years, and an incident report form can be found here http://www.caves.org/pub/aca/
Cheryl Jones
Global Moderator

Name: Cheryl Jones
NSS #: 14479 FE OS
Primary Grotto Affiliation: BATS

Postby adleedy » Jun 10, 2007 8:20 pm

GOT MINE TOO :woohoo:
Alan D. Leedy

E.R.V.K.E.T Life Member

SAVE CAVE RIVERS http://WWW.8RIVERSSAFEDEVELOPMENT.COM
adleedy
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: alan dwayne leedy
NSS #: 56663
Primary Grotto Affiliation: charleston grotto + ERVKET

ACA

Postby Bill Putnam » Jun 26, 2007 10:21 am

Thanks, Cheryl. I hope everyone enjoys it, and I'm sorry it took so long to get it out. I had intended to have it out by the end of last year, but health problems prevented that.

I would have responded sooner, but I was up in Virginia working and teaching at the NCRC seminar from the 13th until the 24th. I got home late Sunday night after helping with the site clean-up work most of the day Sunday.

After much consideration, I have decided that it is time for me to step down as ACA Editor and let a new person take over and bring fresh ideas and perspective to the publication. I have been producing the ACA for almost 11 years, and would like to hand the editorship off to a capable person and focus other projects. I will give my full support to whomever the Board appoints to the position, and would like to remain on the ACA committee to support the new editor and help ensure that the next issue containing the 2006 reports gets published before the end of the year. I would also like to work on other projects related to ACA, such as an expansion of the ACA web page on the NSS site and the publication of back issues of ACA in electronic form.

I have enjoyed being ACA editor and I hope that the next editor will be able to achieve one thing that I was not able to accomplish - get the ACA back on an annual publication schedule. The next one should be out by the end of the year, which is a bit tight considering that the EVP will have to advertise the position, review candidates, and nominate a candidate to the BOG so that they can appoint a new editor. In the meantime, I will be working on the 2006 reports as much as I can to smooth the transition and make sure the new editor can get it done by December.

I would like to thank all the people who have helped me with ACA over the 11 years I have been producing it. They are too many to list, but they know who they are, and I deeply appreciate their support.

Please remember that the value of ACA to the caving community stems from our willingness to report accidents and safety incidents so that others may learn from our experiences. If you have not looked at the ACA web page recently, please review the lists of reported incidents at http://www.caves.org/pub/aca and report any that you know of that are not listed.

Thanks again to all who have supported me these last 11 years,

Bill
Bill Putnam, NSS 21117 RL/FE
Chairman and Chief Troublemaker
The Revolutionary Hodag Party - Thinking outside the cave.

The jackal can roar,
pretending to be a lion.
The lion is not fooled.
Bill Putnam
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 21117
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Revolutionary Hodag Party

Re: ACA

Postby Scott McCrea » Jun 26, 2007 10:38 am

Bill Putnam wrote:I have decided that it is time for me to step down as ACA Editor

You leave big shoes to fill, Bill. I have truly enjoyed and learned a lot from the ACA. :bow: :thanks:
Scott McCrea
SWAYGO
Scott McCrea
Global Moderator

NSS #: 40839RL
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flittermouse Grotto

Postby Tim White » Jun 26, 2007 11:20 am

Well neighbor...I hate to see you go. :cry: But between ACA, SCCi, job and family (and now NCRC) I don’t see how you do it all. You do an outstanding job in all areas! :patriotic:

If there is anything that Berta and I can do to help you or the committee, please let us know.

now, maybe you will have more “free” time to actually cave. :banana:
Be safe,
Tim White 26949 RL FE

Southeastern Region Coordinator - NCRC
Editor, Nylon Highway
Senior Technical Manager - Over the Edge, Inc.
Tim White
Global Moderator

Return to Publications