Free January Addition of the NSS News.

NSS News, other caving publications, and books.

Moderator: Moderators

Free January Addition of the NSS News.

Postby caverdan » Jan 20, 2007 12:19 pm

I'm a limited member, so I shouldn't be getting the NSS News. In fact I've been a limited member for a year now but paid for a three year membership at the time I renewed. Last year I didn't receive any publications, and all was normal. Then I noticed this morning that my name is now on the back of what I thought was my girlfriends copy of the NSS News. Somehow I now have a subscription that I didn't pay for.

Who do I contact to make sure that the NSS doesn't keep sending me magazines I'm not paying for? Someone in Texas, or does this kind of thing come from the office? If someone did gift me a subscription, is there a way I can tell who did it?

I swear if the JCKS shows up in my mailbox........I'm sending it back in triplicate. :hairpull:
Member: Colorado Madrats, SoCoMoGro,CWSG.
caverdan
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 40262

Re: Free January Addition of the NSS News.

Postby mgmills » Jan 20, 2007 7:13 pm

caverdan wrote:I'm a limited member, so I shouldn't be getting the NSS News. In fact I've been a limited member for a year now but paid for a three year membership at the time I renewed. Last year I didn't receive any publications, and all was normal. Then I noticed this morning that my name is now on the back of what I thought was my girlfriends copy of the NSS News. Somehow I now have a subscription that I didn't pay for.

Who do I contact to make sure that the NSS doesn't keep sending me magazines I'm not paying for? Someone in Texas, or does this kind of thing come from the office? If someone did gift me a subscription, is there a way I can tell who did it?

I swear if the JCKS shows up in my mailbox........I'm sending it back in triplicate. :hairpull:

Contact the office in Huntsville. The mailout list comes from the NSS database which is kept current from the office. Send them an e-mail, call or mail them. All contact info is listed below. If someone gave you a gift subscription I'm not sure they can tell you who it was but they can at least confirm there was one given :-)

The National Speleological Society
2813 Cave Avenue
Huntsville, AL 35810-4431 USA
(256) 852-1300
nss@caves.org
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Name: Martha Mills
NSS #: 39864
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Postby caverdan » Jan 20, 2007 10:40 pm

Thanks Martha.
I'll call them on Monday. This might sound weird, but getting the magazine without paying for it is like.....not only stealing from my friends, but stealing from myself.

I'm guessing it's some kind of computer mistake......maybe all limited members are back on the mailing list?
Member: Colorado Madrats, SoCoMoGro,CWSG.
caverdan
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 40262

Postby Cheryl Jones » Jan 21, 2007 3:19 pm

No mistake was made!

The January issue was mailed to every Limited member, just because we thought you might like it. Happy New Year! :kewl:

Cheryl
Cheryl Jones
Global Moderator

Name: Cheryl Jones
NSS #: 14479 FE OS
Primary Grotto Affiliation: BATS

Return to Publications