Jan 2007 NSS News?

NSS News, other caving publications, and books.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Dave Bunnell » Jan 9, 2007 2:33 am

Wayne Harrison wrote:Got mine last Friday. Great issue. I really loved that one shot in China of the cable and the bicycle contraption they use to cross. I was wondering if that was the same cable that is picture on the back of the NSS News (same issue)?

No, these are two different places. The one on the back cover is Xiaozhai and the one inside is Dashiwei, which are the first and second biggest of these huge pits, respectively. The Chinese don't do things in a small way! But let's hope that kind of thing doesn't catch on elsewhere. What's next, balloon rides in Golondrinas?

Dave
NSS News Editor
Dave Bunnell
Prolific Poster

Postby graveleye » Jan 10, 2007 1:26 pm

I bet I was the only person that got fooled by the "friction" picture. I looked at it and thought naaaaaaahhh.... but still was thinking WOW, thats one heck of chimney.. she must be strong.

Then I noticed they had the picture turned sideways :laughing:
ad astra per aspera

http://www.myspace.com/jamthecontrols

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

Become a sustaining member of the SCCI
graveleye
Global Moderator

Name: Kevin Glenn
NSS #: 57238RL

Postby wendy » Jan 10, 2007 1:42 pm

graveleye wrote:I bet I was the only person that got fooled by the "friction" picture. I looked at it and thought naaaaaaahhh.... but still was thinking WOW, thats one heck of chimney.. she must be strong.

Then I noticed they had the picture turned sideways :laughing:

ya the cave pack strap gave it away
wendy
Global Moderator

Name: Wendy
NSS #: 53923
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flint River Grotto

NSS News

Postby KENTO » Jan 11, 2007 1:57 pm

I recieved mine in the first week of January and agree it is another excellent issue. I am amazed by the overall consistency of our publications the last few years. Getting a bunch of volunteers to submit quality items on time each month has got to be harder than the infamous cat-herding. Our editor and printer have utilized the resources of the modern digital age well to deliver this News to us in the first of each month. I appreciate all of these individuals very much...good job :patriotic2:
KENTO
Prolific Poster

NSS #: #18,986
Primary Grotto Affiliation: BloomingtonIndiana Grotto

Postby MUD » Jan 11, 2007 8:15 pm

I just got my news today! I guess it takes awhile to get to backwoods Ohio. Another great issue.
MUD
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: None

Previous

Return to Publications