2005 Members Manual

NSS News, other caving publications, and books.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby NZcaver » Oct 29, 2005 4:42 pm

Hi Cindy :grin:

You have a good point there. I don't mean to dump on the JCKS, but perhaps some cavers find it less useful than others. Maybe you can show me your cave in early 2006? We might be moving there next, but it's a tough gig to get so I'm not holding my breath. :cry: The other option is heading back to southern AZ, where we all know there are no caves to speak of...:wink:

Caver - Yeah, what's up with those ungodly long titles on some of the JCKS articles? Sometimes I fall asleep half way through reading the title, and never get to the article... :rofl:
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Re: This years mailing

Postby bsignorelli » Nov 1, 2005 9:55 pm

Scott Fee wrote:I just checked with Stephanie (NSS Operations Manager) who indicated that the Limited Members were included in BOTH the Members Manual and American Caving Accident's Mailing. :kewl:

Well then what should be the next step for limited members who didn't receive an ACA? Contact the NSS office? Email our local BOG member?

Thanks for your help,

Bryan
Bryan Signorelli
Little Rock Grotto
bsignorelli
Prolific Poster

Postby JohnL » Nov 1, 2005 10:17 pm

I gave up on mine. But I bet they won't mismail my membership dues notice.
Former member of the flashlight community
JohnL
Occasional Poster

Postby bsignorelli » Nov 1, 2005 10:26 pm

JohnL wrote:I gave up on mine. But I bet they won't mismail my membership dues notice.

Actually...I was amused last year when, for membership renewal time, all I seemed to get was a dues notice or two.

No "benefits of being an NSS member" type of letter...no hard sell to stay a member at all. Almost no sell at all actually...which is strange coming from an organization that has trouble retaining members.

You'd think peer pressure would work well in this organization. When people fail to renew...send their name to their grotto (that they claim to be a part of) and tell the grotto to talk to the non-renewing person.

I betcha a lot of times the renewal wasn't done because people are lazy and forgetful. A friendly reminder from their local grotto might help move the process along.

Bryan
Bryan Signorelli
Little Rock Grotto
bsignorelli
Prolific Poster

Postby cavedoc » Nov 2, 2005 2:32 am

bsignorelli wrote:
Well then what should be the next step for limited members who didn't receive an ACA? Contact the NSS office? Email our local BOG member?

I only got mine yesterday. Don't despair yet.

Roger in CA
Roger Mortimer
cavedoc
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Roger Mortimer
NSS #: 26529
Primary Grotto Affiliation: San Joaquin Valley Grotto

Postby CaverScott » Nov 2, 2005 8:23 am

bsignorelli wrote:Well then what should be the next step for limited members who didn't receive an ACA? Contact the NSS office? Email our local BOG member?

Thanks for your help,

Bryan

As Roger indicated, I would give it some more time. However, you might want to check your mailing address with the NSS Office.

http://www.caves.org/nss-business/bog/table-4d.html#OVP
CaverScott
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 19797L
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Birmingham CIG SCCi IKC

Postby ian mckenzie » Nov 2, 2005 6:18 pm

Got Members' Manual today. People in Scotland must not have received theirs yet, otherwise they'd have pointed out that Scotland should be included in the United Kingdom, unless you're an SNP supporter... :?
ian mckenzie
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: Alberta Speleological Society

Previous

Return to Publications