greatx pictures wanted

NSS News, other caving publications, and books.

Moderator: Moderators

greatx pictures wanted

Postby Dave Bunnell » Oct 25, 2006 9:47 pm

Do you have any outstanding color photos of Great X cave? The Society is probably going to pay it off soon and we'd like to herald its payment with an article in the News and some nice color photos, possibly even a cover. Please send pix for review to the editor (davebunnell@comcast.net), either as small ones for review if you are submitting several or full size if submitting a few digitals.

Dave
NSS News Editor
Dave Bunnell
Prolific Poster

Postby caverdoc » Nov 1, 2006 6:49 pm

I'd love to see more pictures of the notorious Crisco Crack, since it's the feature I purchased. Potentiall it's all the further into the cave I may make it!
Cheers,
Dr K
caverdoc
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Jay Kennedy
NSS #: 18198
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Kansas City Area Grotto + Carroll Cave Conservancy + WVACS

Postby ethan » Nov 2, 2006 4:26 pm

Unfortunately, I've got nothing outstanding. I found it really hard to get good photos in there. For every photo I spent a lot of time holding the battery to warm it up. Great Hall was just way too big for me to light up and I had serious issues with fog on the way out (until my battery died entirely).

I'd like to see more photos of Great X, great or otherwise! I'll start with a few of mine:

http://picasaweb.google.com/ethan.brods ... 0907490322

There's about 25 Great X photos in there if you keep clicking forward. Nothing of the Crisco Crack though.

Ethan
ethan
Occasional Poster

Name: Ethan Brodsky
NSS #: 53507
Primary Grotto Affiliation: WSS

Postby Caver1402 » Nov 2, 2006 5:52 pm

Aw, looking at your pictures makes me want to go caving ... I'm going through a short hiatus right now (about to have my first baby) and the withdrawal is definitely there.
Laura J. Lexander
NSS #52727 / Affiliated with the WCG, NNG, and IKC
CRF Eastern Operations Personnel Officer
http://lexanderfamily.com - Updated 07/28/09
Caver1402
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Laura J. Lexander
NSS #: 52727
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Windy City Grotto

Return to Publications