Seeking presenters for 2016 Convention Writer's Workshop

NSS News, other caving publications, and books.

Moderator: Moderators

Seeking presenters for 2016 Convention Writer's Workshop

Postby Teresa » Apr 21, 2016 5:16 pm

Hey, if you are reading the publications forum...maybe you too, have been published.

Hi NSS Caver-Writers! We intend to reprise the NSS Writers' Workshop at the 75th Convention in Ely, Nevada, on Friday of the Convention. This is free, open to anyone, and a semi-formal mix of presentations, chit-chat, workshopping and learning. We have openings for presenters: unlike many sessions, we keep the lights on most of the time for discussion, and you don't have to cram everything you know into 15 minutes. This workshop covers just about any genre of writing you can imagine. Last year we had 8 presenters, 4 in the morning and 4 in the afternoon.

If you are interested in being a presenter, please PM or email me at astrelfrog@gmail.com with your name, topic, amount of time you anticipate filling (up to an hour) and a sentence or two saying what you have written, where published or whatever to convince someone you are witty, cute, and qualified to talk about the topic.

If you would like to attend, and want a particular topic to be covered, or have someone to suggest as presenter, tell me that too.

First come, first served on slots; I'd like to send the session blurb to the convention powers who are by MAY 10.

PS: This is NOT the newsletter editors' forum: this is sponsored by the Fine Arts Salon and Illuminations -- we welcome everyone from science writers to poets, fiction writers, dramatists, scribblers on kraft paper, hard-bitten journalists to calligraphers. Come check us out.
Teresa
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Publications