Alabaster Caverns State Park, OK

NSS News, other caving publications, and books.

Moderator: Moderators

Alabaster Caverns State Park, OK

Postby Trogtex » Jul 7, 2014 6:46 pm

I recently went on a trip to Alabaster Caverns State Park in Freedom, Oklahoma. Beautiful alabaster, and one of the few places you can see black alabaster in the States.

When you register your group with the park office, they give out maps of the wild caves on the property (Bear Cave, Owl Cave, Ice Stalactite Cave, and Hoe-Handle Cave).

Unfortunately, in visiting these caves, all my papers got irreversibly muddy, and I tossed them out. Now my Grotto (UT Grotto) is requesting a presentation about the trip, and I'd like to include the cave maps for reference. (originally surveyed by the Central Oklhoma Grotto, if I remember correctly).

I've searched online and can't seem to find any records of Oklahoma cave maps, much less, those specific ones. I'm wondering there's anyone here (or you know someone) who either has leftover copies from the park that they could scan for me, or if you know of any online database that would contain said maps.
These won't be distributed at all, I'd put them in the powerpoint presentation, and that would be it.

Thanks!

-Heather Tucek
UT Grotto
Trogtex
Infrequent Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: UT Grotto

Re: Alabaster Caverns State Park, OK

Postby tncaver » Jul 8, 2014 5:40 am

Why not ask the park for another set of maps?
tncaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Phil Winkler » Jul 8, 2014 8:35 am

Sure, they could probably even email them to you. After all, it is free advertising for them.
Phil Winkler
13627 FE
Phil Winkler
Global Moderator

NSS #: 13627FE

Postby Trogtex » Jul 8, 2014 5:38 pm

I've sent them an email, but have yet to hear back. I figured I'd check other avenues too. :)
Trogtex
Infrequent Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: UT Grotto

Return to Publications