Cave Fiction Book

NSS News, other caving publications, and books.

Moderator: Moderators

Cave Fiction Book

Postby psteward » Dec 22, 2011 3:40 pm

Anyone read this book yet?

Beneath the Dark Ice by Greig Beck
When a plane crashes into the Antarctic ice, exposing an enormous cave system, a rescue and research team is dispatched. Twenty-four hours later, all contact is lost.
Captain Alex Hunter and his highly trained commandos, along with a team of scientists, are fast tracked to the hot zone to find out what went wrong. Meanwhile, the alluring petrobiologist Aimee Weir is sent to follow up on the detection of a vast underground reservoir. If the unidentified substance proves to be oil, every country in the world will want to know about it--even wage war over it. Or worse.
Once suspended into the caves, Alex, Aimee, and the others can't locate a single survivor--or even a trace of their remains. Nor is there a energy source, only specters of the dead haunting the tunnels. But soon they will discover that something very much alive is brewing beneath the surface. It is a force that dates back to the very dawn of time--an ancient terror that hunts and kills to survive...
psteward

Re: Cave Fiction Book

Postby Marduke » Dec 22, 2011 3:56 pm

I think I saw this movie on the SciFi channel.

Alex and Aimee end up surviving until the very end when no one else did. Aimee makes it out alive, but does it come at the cost of Alex sacrificing himself at the very end in order to kill the creature, or do they fall madly in love and live happily every after??

But the last scene is a cutaway showing baby creatures that survived...
Warning: Don't use this forum! Only armchair cavers and trolls reside here.
Marduke
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby tblack2121 » Jan 12, 2012 9:21 am

Haven't see this film or the book. Do you have any recommendations on novels that include cave in the plot or setting?
tblack2121
New Poster

Postby Downundercaver » May 23, 2012 11:49 pm

After reading this post two days ago, i was in the mall and went to a bookshop and what do you know this book is sitting right there on the shelf so of course i bought it, read about ten pages so far seems ok, think its going to be more of an action book than pure caving but ill let you know how it goes.
Downundercaver
Frequent Poster

Name: Ben Mcalpine

Return to Publications