Third Edition of "Cumberland Caverns" now available.

NSS News, other caving publications, and books.

Moderator: Moderators

Third Edition of "Cumberland Caverns" now available.

Postby Larry E. Matthews » Sep 18, 2010 10:14 pm

The Third Edition of Cumberland Caverns is now available. It will be sold by the NSS Bookstore and the Cumberland Caverns Gift Shop.

This new edition features a new Front Cover, a new Back Cover, better quality paper, and about 30 new photos, 14 of which are in Full Color. There are also a few minor changes and additions to the text.

The Third Edition will be available in both Softbound and Hardbound. This will be the first time Cumberland Caverns has been available in Hardbound.

So far, I have not heard from the NSS Bookstore what the Retail Price will be, but they should announce the prices shortly.

Larry E. Matthews
NSS #6792-F
Larry E. Matthews
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 6792
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Nashville Grotto

Re: Third Edition of "Cumberland Caverns" now available.

Postby Larry E. Matthews » Oct 4, 2010 8:37 pm

The Softbound Edition is now available from the NSS Bookstore. The price is listed on their site. I think it was $22 Retail, with a discount for NSS Members, and a bigger discount for Life Members. It is also available at the Cumberland Caverns Gift Shop.

The Hardbound Edition is still not back from the printers, but should be available in a couple of weeks.

We will have an Official Book Signing at the Cumberland Caverns Christmas Party on December 11, 2010 in the Hospitality House.

Larry E. Matthews
NSS #6792-F
Larry E. Matthews
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Larry E. Matthews » Oct 6, 2010 7:58 am

Tom Rea, the Editor of the new "Cumberland Caverns" book has informed me that the Hard Bound copies will ship on October 20, so they should be available from the NSS Bookstore by November 1, or shortly thereafter.

Larry E. Matthews
NSS #6792-F
Larry E. Matthews
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Larry E. Matthews » Nov 1, 2010 7:56 pm

The Hard Bound copies of "Cumberland Caverns - Third Edition" are now available from both the NSS Bookstore and the Cumberland Caverns Gift Shop. I believe the Retail Price will be $39. I'm assuming NSS Members will get a discount.

Only 75 Hard Bound copies were printed.

Larry E. Matthews
NSS #6792-F
Larry E. Matthews
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Publications