2010 NSS Members Manual

NSS News, other caving publications, and books.

Moderator: Moderators

2010 NSS Members Manual

Postby merecaver » Jul 10, 2010 1:30 pm

Hi there, NSS!

Once again it’s time to submit cool cave or caver photos to me for possible use on the cover of the 2010 NSS Members Manual. No more than five in one e-mail please and they must have been taken by you. No “bad” caver practices should be shown, like an ungloved hand holding onto a speleothem or not wearing a helmet. Deadline for submissions is August 2, 2010. Take a look at the last few covers and see what kind of photos are winners. YOURS could be the next cover!

The other rule is that you must be a current NSS member so include your NSS number and state of residence in your e-mail.

I know this is not a lot of time, but with e-mail it shouldn't take you too long to find up to five good photos to send me. IF you have more than that you'd like to submit, mail me a CD--I'm in the Members Manual! Or bring it by the BATS Camp at Convention.

Please repost this message on caver lists and grotto lists.

Thanks,
Meredith Hall Weberg
NSS Members Manual Editor
merecaver
Occasional Poster

Re: 2010 NSS Members Manual

Postby merecaver » Jul 10, 2010 4:58 pm

Oh, I forgot to say all photos submitted should be vertically oriented please. Horizonal photos will not work and get immediately eliminated even if they're really good.
Thanks,
Meredith
merecaver
Occasional Poster

Postby Cheryl Jones » Jul 10, 2010 9:35 pm

merecaver wrote: Horizonal photos will not work and get immediately eliminated even if they're really good.

What if you only take pictures of horizontal caves and cavers? :rofl: :bananabat: :lmao:
Cheryl Jones
Global Moderator

Name: Cheryl Jones
NSS #: 14479 FE OS
Primary Grotto Affiliation: BATS

Postby merecaver » Jul 11, 2010 10:33 am

Get them when they're standing up! The cavers, not the caves.

Glad you had laughing icons next to your post.
merecaver
Occasional Poster

Return to Publications