NSS Youth Group Web Site

Share ideas and experiences, seek advice for leading youth groups underground. Also visit Youth Group Caving.

Moderators: amaddox, Moderators

NSS Youth Group Web Site

Postby amaddox » Jan 8, 2009 10:53 am

Hey Folks,
I spent a little time and made some changes to the Youth Group web site http://www.caves.org/youth I've tried to make it look a little more like the rest of the NSS web site and pulled most of three pages to one page. In my humble opinion this should help navigating it simpler.
Please take a look. I'm looking for some contructive input on making it a little better.

Thanks,
Allen Maddox
NSS YGLC, Chair
amaddox
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 55464
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Philadelphia Grotto

Re: NSS Youth Group Web Site

Postby NZcaver » Jan 8, 2009 11:10 am

Nice work!

I took a quick look at the first page, but not at the other links and PDF documents. I do have a small suggestion. Reading the first couple of sentences, ironically the word "youth" just doesn't seem to fit right in that context.

Caving with youth can be a highly rewarding and enjoyable experience. However, if done improperly, caving with youth can turn into an emotional and financial nightmare.

Perhaps something like this might flow better:

Caving with children and young people can be a highly rewarding and enjoyable experience. However, if done improperly, this type of activity can turn into an emotional and financial nightmare.

The rest of the page looks good. Positive, but with appropriate cautionary advice.
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby amaddox » Jan 8, 2009 11:37 am

NZcaver wrote:Nice work!

I took a quick look at the first page, but not at the other links and PDF documents. I do have a small suggestion. Reading the first couple of sentences, ironically the word "youth" just doesn't seem to fit right in that context.

Caving with youth can be a highly rewarding and enjoyable experience. However, if done improperly, caving with youth can turn into an emotional and financial nightmare.

Perhaps something like this might flow better:

Caving with children and young people can be a highly rewarding and enjoyable experience. However, if done improperly, this type of activity can turn into an emotional and financial nightmare.

The rest of the page looks good. Positive, but with appropriate cautionary advice.

That does look a lot better. I made the change and uploaded the file. Thanks,
amaddox
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby SpeleoRover » Jan 10, 2009 11:46 pm

Looks great! And just in time, too. I've referred a few different folks to the site this week.

:kewl:
Regards,

Jason
Boston Mt. Grotto
NSS#: 58276
SpeleoRover
Prolific Poster

Postby amaddox » Jan 11, 2009 10:41 am

SpeleoRover wrote:Looks great! And just in time, too. I've referred a few different folks to the site this week.

:kewl:

I hope they find it useful. If you can, let me know if they have any difficulty navigating through or suggests.

Allen Maddox
NSS YGLC, Chair
amaddox
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Youth Groups Forum