New lamp build by cavers for cavers

Discuss caving lights, packs, helmets, clothing, etc.
For rope and vertical equipment, go to the On Rope! forum.
Cave electronics enthusiasts can also visit the Communications and Electronics Section forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: New lamp build by cavers for cavers

Postby jharman2 » Dec 2, 2008 1:22 pm

My lamp shipped on 11-28. Can't wait to put my dirty paws on it!

Serv-light updated their website with an "In Action" gallery showcasing the following picture:

http://www.serv-light.com/p8131973.jpg

I am having second thoughts about my purchase of the light given the fact that the caver in the photo is using BOTH a Spelegyca and a Omni! Any company that would feature a caver using such dangerous pieces of equipment can not be trusted!

Kool-Aid is so refreshing!
John Harman (Pantin apologist)
http://www.wvunderground.net/
jharman2
Prolific Poster

Name: John Harman
NSS #: 58082
Primary Grotto Affiliation: WVUSG

Postby ron_miller » Dec 2, 2008 1:43 pm

jharman2 wrote:I am having second thoughts about my purchase of the light given the fact that the caver in the photo is using BOTH a Spelegyca and a Omni! Any company that would feature a caver using such dangerous pieces of equipment can not be trusted!

At least he's not using Spectra. :yikes:

I guess Miller's Law needs to be expanded to include the Equipment forum as well. For that matter, perhaps it may eventually have to be applied to all Cavechat threads. I can't wait to see how someone figures out a way to turn the NSS Office thread to this subject as well!

So shibumi - shall we declare Miller's Law invoked, and this thread officially over?

:big grin: :egyptian:
ron_miller
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Jeff Bartlett » Dec 2, 2008 2:53 pm

ron_miller wrote:I can't wait to see how someone figures out a way to turn the NSS Office thread to this subject as well!

You mean we're not going to build the new NSS office out of our old, discarded Spelegycas? That seems the most cost-effective option. :bananawhip:
"Although it pains me to say it, in this case Jeff is right. Plan accordingly." --Andy Armstrong
Jeff Bartlett
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Jeff Bartlett
NSS #: 59325
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Tennessee Cave Survey

Previous

Return to Equipment Forum