Princeton Tec Corona?

Discuss caving lights, packs, helmets, clothing, etc.
For rope and vertical equipment, go to the On Rope! forum.
Cave electronics enthusiasts can also visit the Communications and Electronics Section forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Princeton Tec Corona?

Postby MUD » Jun 28, 2008 11:07 pm

I just found one of my Coronas out in the yard turned on with water inside the lens! :yikes: Apparently my five year old boy was playin with it and left it lay. Then the rains came...hard!
I removed the batteries and took the light apart and have it dryin. I'm assumin it will work again when dry as it was lit up with water inside of it! I'll let ya know the outcome. :shrug:
MUD
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: None

Postby MUD » Jun 30, 2008 10:04 am

I just put the Corona back together. It works like a new one! :kewl: I guess that says somethin about its usefulness around water. :laughing:
MUD
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: None

Postby smajser » Aug 17, 2012 1:43 am

Hi,

I`m new to this forum, and, first, I would like to all of you for sharing all these informations.

Now I have one question. Can someone tell me amount of light that corona puts out in comaparation with mammut xzoom, mammut txlite, tikka xp, tikka xp2, tikka 2.
I`m not expecting some thrower, I would use xzoom or handheld light for that purpose. Can corona give enough light to see 10-15m? In comparation to apex or zebralight H502W, which one is better considering flood?

Best regards :bat sticker:
smajser
New Poster

Postby wyandottecaver » Aug 23, 2012 5:42 pm

Smajser,

My coronas are older generation lights that gives good wide light for about 3-5 meters but rapidly drops off. Dunno if they have upgraded the LED. I used them as a primary light (preferred over APEX due to reliability) till I went with the Fenix which is far superior but does have a narrower beam.
I'm not scared of the dark, it's the things IN the dark that make me nervous. :)
wyandottecaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Myrna Attaway » Aug 23, 2012 9:46 pm

Foxfury makes excellent lights. Non of the vendors sell them so you have to get them online at foxfury.com.

These are seirious area lights.
Myrna Attaway
Frequent Poster

Previous

Return to Equipment Forum