Old Petzl DUO ATEX Upgrade

Discuss caving lights, packs, helmets, clothing, etc.
For rope and vertical equipment, go to the On Rope! forum.
Cave electronics enthusiasts can also visit the Communications and Electronics Section forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Old Petzl DUO ATEX Upgrade

Postby summitboy » Apr 11, 2010 8:11 am

JackBigWall wrote:But there's also a ridiculously easy fix, assuming you use AA batteries. I just reversed the battery polarities in the holder on my old Duo, and labeled the holder with a white-out marker so it's obvious. The low beam LED module then needs to be reversed too, but you can simply flip it upside down. The modules are reverse-polarity protected, but I'm not sure about the 1 watt LED bulb replacements. If in doubt, check with a voltmeter.

Jack,

Which end of the bulb needs to be positive, the screw thread or the end contact?

Thanks,
Ken.
summitboy
New Poster

Postby NZcaver » Apr 11, 2010 11:57 am

summitboy wrote:
JackBigWall wrote:But there's also a ridiculously easy fix, assuming you use AA batteries. I just reversed the battery polarities in the holder on my old Duo, and labeled the holder with a white-out marker so it's obvious. The low beam LED module then needs to be reversed too, but you can simply flip it upside down. The modules are reverse-polarity protected, but I'm not sure about the 1 watt LED bulb replacements. If in doubt, check with a voltmeter.

Jack,

Which end of the bulb needs to be positive, the screw thread or the end contact?

Thanks,
Ken.

Hi Ken,

That quote was from me, not JackBigWall. With the 1W LED replacements, I'm pretty certain the tip is positive and the case is negative.
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby potholer » Apr 11, 2010 4:06 pm

The new/standardised/correct Duo polarity is bulb-tip positive.
potholer
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Previous

Return to Equipment Forum