Lights for video/Dual 10 watt HID

Discuss caving lights, packs, helmets, clothing, etc.
For rope and vertical equipment, go to the On Rope! forum.
Cave electronics enthusiasts can also visit the Communications and Electronics Section forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Lights for video/Dual 10 watt HID

Postby barcelonacvr » Dec 4, 2005 4:02 pm

I have been experimenting with an ATV light system for shooting video in cave and so far so good.I have been through a lot of mud and water and the system is still going strong,I will update after a fair bit of time in use.Some may think this is overkill but it certainly lights up an entire room well and coming from cave diving I miss having that power in big rooms.Has any one else tried this system and can comment on longevity? The bulbs and ballast are potted in a vibration mount .I did order the heads in black though,I have enough comments re my foxfury LOL no need to add chrome to the abuse :lol:

http://www.trailtech.net/helmet_mounted_light_kits_1.htm

2hr burn time with the lithium ion sized for the dual bulbs
barcelonacvr
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Biggimo1 » Dec 5, 2005 7:25 pm

That looks like a fun light. I like the price on the light it self. But, you can make the battery packs for much, much less than what they sell them for.

http://www.bateryspace.com

look under Li-Ion batteries. Then battery packs.

Brian B.[/url]
Biggimo1
Occasional Poster

Postby barcelonacvr » Dec 5, 2005 9:41 pm

[quote="Biggimo1"]That looks like a fun light. I like the price on the light it self. But, you can make the battery packs for much, much less than what they sell them for.

I would have liked the price more if it was few hundred cheaper :shock: but it is working very well for my purpose.I will check out cheaper LION and longer durations..thanks
barcelonacvr
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Biggimo1 » Dec 6, 2005 8:44 pm

I think I may get the single version of that light in the near future and make my own battery pack. I bet just one of those is very bright.

Brian B.
Biggimo1
Occasional Poster

Postby barcelonacvr » Dec 7, 2005 2:42 pm

Indeed they are exceptionally bright.The flood bulb fills a room very well!
barcelonacvr
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Biggimo1 » Mar 6, 2006 10:53 pm

How are these working out? Do they help much with pictures?

Brian B.
Biggimo1
Occasional Poster

Postby barcelonacvr » Dec 16, 2006 3:49 pm

Biggimo1 wrote:How are these working out? Do they help much with pictures?

Brian B.

These lights are still going strong and I have yet to break them..lots of mud and water too.They make awesome digging lights too.I have attached a photo taken with these lights only in The Saltpetre entrance tunnel of Snedgars/Friars Hole system WV.The color has been enhanced only

I would recommend getting the spot bulb as opposed to the flood though as I find it gives better usable light.The dual system I ordered came with a spot and flood.

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4266107
barcelonacvr
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Equipment Forum