Cheapo Target LEDs

Discuss caving lights, packs, helmets, clothing, etc.
For rope and vertical equipment, go to the On Rope! forum.
Cave electronics enthusiasts can also visit the Communications and Electronics Section forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Cheapo Target LEDs

Postby Sean Ryan » Dec 1, 2005 3:14 pm

Target always has a bunch of pre-wrapped general-interest presents to pick up for $5. Last year, I noticed they had a little LED headlight, complete with strap and three AAA batteries. This year, they still have that guy, but there's also a beefier $10 LED headlamp (batteries not included) that I think has an adjustable focus. Has anyone gotten one of these for Christmas, or gotten it for yourself? If they're even remotely reliable, they might be worth picking up just for the sheer disposability of the price.
Sean Ryan
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby jmo » Dec 1, 2005 3:26 pm

I have never tried one of the ones you mentioned, but I know that if your looking for a really inexpensive head lamp you might want to check out http://www.e-headlamps.com/energizer_3_led.asp

I have seen this head light at Target for $11.99.

It's a great headlamp for the price.
Life is just one good thing after another
NSS 56887
jmo
Frequent Poster

Postby Sean Ryan » Dec 2, 2005 9:22 am

I had one of those over the summer, and was impressed by how much light it put out for 12 bucks. Then it popped off my helmet and I never saw it again. If anyone wants to sniff around the Friar's Hole parking area in West Virginia, finders keepers.
Sean Ryan
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Equipment Forum