More Carbide Questions

Discuss caving lights, packs, helmets, clothing, etc.
For rope and vertical equipment, go to the On Rope! forum.
Cave electronics enthusiasts can also visit the Communications and Electronics Section forum.

Moderator: Moderators

More Carbide Questions

Postby hardcorecaver » May 8, 2007 10:29 pm

Hello i am new to carbide caving so i have some questions. Does the Autolite use the same gaskets, felts, felts plates, felts springs, tips as Premier or Minex lamps? What is a Bumper Grip and is it worth to buy it? Where do you buy your spare parts? thanks lucas Middleton
Life good when you carbide caving.
hardcorecaver
Occasional Poster

Name: Lucas Middleton
NSS #: 56420
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Pecos Valley Grotto

Postby Anonymous_Coward » May 9, 2007 7:58 am

You can use many of the same parts for Autolite. That is a good thing since there seem to be many Premier parts out there but not so much for Autolite. You should be able to use all of the Premier parts that you listed. Bob and Bob used to have all the Premier parts. IMO may as well. I have never used minex so I am not sure about that.

I would recommend getting a bumper grip. It is the rubber foot on the bottom of the carbide chamber. It gives a non-slip surface for setting the lamp down in the cave. It also helps you to unscrew the chamber without burning your hand. Also, a little protection for the brass if you drop the lamp.
Andy Armstrong
American Carbide Council
Anonymous_Coward
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 45993RL FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Paha Sapa Grotto

Return to Equipment Forum