kneepad/shinguards

Discuss caving lights, packs, helmets, clothing, etc.
For rope and vertical equipment, go to the On Rope! forum.
Cave electronics enthusiasts can also visit the Communications and Electronics Section forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby JoeyS » Feb 20, 2007 10:50 am

The famously trendy shoemaker also makes kneepads:
http://www.jellyegg.com/croc_shoes/314-1/index.asp
] If they're anything like my favorite lounge shoes, they would be very comfortable. They appear to only have one strap, which is a drawback, IMO.
But with our lack of choices in kneepads since the fall of Bomber Gear, I thought I'd throw it out here...

NSS #: 57719
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Nashville Grotto

Postby caver ed » Feb 23, 2007 12:11 am

I use the franklin volleyball kneepads I get from Walmart. They are around 13 bucks and seem to last quite awhile. They do slide down in some tight crawls but are easy to pull up. Plus I like them for crawling on slopes because they seem to grip well. Only bad part is there is no protection for the shins. They get banged up sometimes. Just have to learn to be careful.............mine wish I was a little more careful I'm sure.
caver ed
Infrequent Poster

knee/shin guards

Postby REB » Feb 24, 2007 4:59 pm

I recently bought a pair of sixsixone mountain biking knee/shin pads that seem to work really well. They stay in one place and don't dig into the back of your leg. They are made of some kind of balistic nylon that holds up great in rugged caving conditions.
FEAR cannot be conquered until it is faced
REB
Frequent Poster

Postby mgmills » Feb 25, 2007 6:49 am

caver ed wrote:I use the franklin volleyball kneepads . . . . Only bad part is there is no protection for the shins. They get banged up sometimes. Just have to learn to be careful.............mine wish I was a little more careful I'm sure.

I've used those in the past and sometimes still do for "pit bouncing" or vertical practice sessions. One solution to the shin problem is buy a second pair (smaller size) and wear lower on the leg than the knee pads to protect shins.
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Name: Martha Mills
NSS #: 39864
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Previous

Return to Equipment Forum