back-up lights

Discuss caving lights, packs, helmets, clothing, etc.
For rope and vertical equipment, go to the On Rope! forum.
Cave electronics enthusiasts can also visit the Communications and Electronics Section forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: back-up lights

Postby bif » Aug 17, 2011 9:20 am

For what its worth, I swear by the Fenix E01. Its tiny, light weight, burns for 21 hours on a single AAA battery, bomb proof and always works, nothing to go wrong, will happily cope with a soaking/ short dives and gives enough light to find your way out. I typically have it on neck string inside my undersuit (with a small knife and whistle if Im feeling consciencous). Have a snoopy on helmet for it but you can cave fairly well with it in your mouth. I faked light failure once and did just this cause I wasnt inclined to chat to a particular person on the trip :laughing: They also cost just 8 to 12 US Dollars. Potholer put me onto them a few years ago, which is recommendation enough for me.
bif
Frequent Poster

Name: john
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Wessex Cave Club

Postby LukeM » Aug 17, 2011 9:28 am

Caver John wrote:Minimag are outdated. I use a fenix e21 for my backup/boost lighting. Also have a fenix e05 full flood 1x aaa for proximity/backupbackup.

They weren't so outdated 5 years ago, which is when this thread was still actively being used. :tonguecheek: I notice you've dug up a few topics from 2006 recently.

Here's a more recent discussion of lights. http://forums.caves.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11076&hilit=backup
LukeM
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Luke Mazza
NSS #: 59317
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Syracuse University Outing Club

Postby Caver John » Aug 18, 2011 6:24 am

Haha that's true. Didn't even realize how old the thread was!
Caver John
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: Scag grotto

Previous

Return to Equipment Forum