Petzl Tikka XP--take it apart

Discuss caving lights, packs, helmets, clothing, etc.
For rope and vertical equipment, go to the On Rope! forum.
Cave electronics enthusiasts can also visit the Communications and Electronics Section forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Petzl Tikka XP--take it apart

Postby Scott McCrea » Jul 31, 2006 6:33 am

Takeitapart.net is a blog about taking things apart. One entry is about the Petzl Tikka XP. Cool. LINK
Scott McCrea
SWAYGO
Scott McCrea
Global Moderator

NSS #: 40839RL
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flittermouse Grotto

Postby graveleye » Jul 31, 2006 8:10 am

hehe.. i saw that the other day. I wonder who will get a bright idea from this link :question:
ad astra per aspera

http://www.myspace.com/jamthecontrols

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

Become a sustaining member of the SCCI
graveleye
Global Moderator

Name: Kevin Glenn
NSS #: 57238RL

Postby Ralph E. Powers » Jul 31, 2006 11:53 am

It'd be like field stripping a rifle ... but problem is I doubt warranties will be validated with that kind of disassembly.
Without the possibility of death, adventure is not possible. ~ Reinhold Messner

http://ralph.rigidtech.com/albums.php
Ralph E. Powers
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 37616

Postby NZcaver » Jul 31, 2006 12:57 pm

Ralph E. Powers wrote:It'd be like field stripping a rifle ... but problem is I doubt warranties will be validated with that kind of disassembly.

I doubt the warranty would be affected in that case - it doesn't look like the headlamp was altered/damaged in any way during the disassembly.

Call me strange, but I think pulling things apart just to see how they work is perfectly justified. I've done the same with many of my headlamps and other gadgets - most recently the Princeton Tec Apex:

ImageImageImage

One thought, though - takeitapart.net might be more useful if it included written comments/instructions/suggestions.

I also see the potential for a sister site - putitbacktogether.net :tonguecheek: :laughing:
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby Nico » Jul 31, 2006 1:16 pm

Call me strange, but I think pulling things apart just to see how they work is perfectly justified.

I've been doing that since I was 3 or 4 years old. My mother says I once came running into the house and started to take the radio apart to get the music band out of it and do that to most of my stuff. that blog is a neat idea
Saludos
Nico
Nico
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Equipment Forum