Difference between Zebra H600 lights

Discuss caving lights, packs, helmets, clothing, etc.
For rope and vertical equipment, go to the On Rope! forum.
Cave electronics enthusiasts can also visit the Communications and Electronics Section forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Difference between Zebra H600 lights

Postby EdwinTheDeadwin » Apr 1, 2020 12:52 am

I have decided to go with the zebra headlamp. What is the difference between all the different models? I am seeing:

Zebralight H600w Mk IV
Zebralight H600Fw Mk IV
Zebralight H600 Mk IV
Zebralight H600F Mk IV
Zebralight H604c
Zebralight H604w

What is the difference between all of these?
EdwinTheDeadwin
Infrequent Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: Southern California Grott

Re: Difference between Zebra H600 lights

Postby trogman » Apr 7, 2020 5:02 pm

All of the ones with the "w" are Neutral White, as opposed to Cool white. Neutral White is more of a yellowish white color, whereas Cool White is almost a blueish-white tint. I prefer the Neutral White myself.

Geez, I haven't looked at their website in a while, and I can see why you are confused! :roll: They really need a simple comparison tool on their webpage. They do have a comparison link that takes you to a spreadsheet, which you can use to see the differences and so forth. But if you aren't good with Excel I suspect it might be difficult to use.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WRnPsoYXE9oYKMievC1NOWQyrvSVk8HxkkEMBjAPo_s/edit?hl=en&authkey=CNqP6KIC&pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

It is nice to see that their max lumens outputs have continued to increase,as have their runtimes. Zebralight is a good brand- no matter which model you choose you can't go wrong.

Trogman :helmet:
trogman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Stephen Brewer
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Gadsden Grotto

Postby tnfilmchris » May 6, 2020 1:47 pm

Zebralight H600w Mk IV ---- Spot light warm color temp.
Zebralight H600Fw Mk IV --- Flood light warm color temp.
Zebralight H600 Mk IV --- spot light bluish color temp
Zebralight H600F Mk IV ---flood light bluish temp
Zebralight H604c ---flood cool white with a high CRI (used for color accurate photos/video work)
Zebralight H604w ---flood with almost neutral white / almost daylight color temp

To understand CCT google "Kelvin color chart"

I personally use H604c for a flood light (used most of the time) combined with a H600c for my spot which is very bright and great for big rooms and high ceilings. Both are 4000K and people comment on how much "nicer" the light is on the eyes than the bluish LED look of most cheap headlamps.
tnfilmchris
Infrequent Poster

NSS #: 69930
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Nashville Grotto

Postby stephen0351 » Sep 5, 2023 7:33 pm

I have a Little Monkey nora4 for my primary light, which zebra h600 is best for a backup light? Thanks
stephen0351
Infrequent Poster

Return to Equipment Forum