BigNBright Headlamp

Discuss caving lights, packs, helmets, clothing, etc.
For rope and vertical equipment, go to the On Rope! forum.
Cave electronics enthusiasts can also visit the Communications and Electronics Section forum.

Moderator: Moderators

BigNBright Headlamp

Postby BaitBucket » Nov 11, 2019 7:26 pm

I've recently stumbled across BigNBrights website http://www.biganbright.com/index.html and was wondering if anyone here has used one. The fact that they are made pretty close to home, and the good dive rating appeals to me, as well as the fact that they do upgrades to your light as LED technology progresses.The way the cable is routed seems a little interesting, not sure how well that works. I'm also not 100% sure they are still making lights. Any insight is appreciated.
BaitBucket
Infrequent Poster

NSS #: 69623
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Re: BigNBright Headlamp

Postby trogman » Nov 13, 2019 7:34 am

Interesting light, I have never heard of this one.
The concept of free upgrades is a nice idea, but I am thinking it would be financially unsustainable.
I did not notice any mention of color temperature, or whether this is a spot or a flood beam. It does say it is a max 1000 lumens, which is OK, but not great by today's standards.
If you are still interested in this light I would use the contact form to see if they are still in business. I suspect, as you suggested, that they may not be in business any longer.

Trogman :helmet:
trogman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Stephen Brewer
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Gadsden Grotto

Re: BigNBright Headlamp

Postby BaitBucket » Nov 13, 2019 8:32 am

I have used the contact form, after a few days I've got nothing back. I checked the age of the site and it was made in 2012 and was last updated March of 2019, so they may still be making them. After reading their site once more it appears you get a free upgrade once, after the serial number is submitted it can't be used again. It seems like a neat concept but as you said there are better options.
BaitBucket
Infrequent Poster

NSS #: 69623
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Return to Equipment Forum