Caving Store Service

Discuss caving lights, packs, helmets, clothing, etc.
For rope and vertical equipment, go to the On Rope! forum.
Cave electronics enthusiasts can also visit the Communications and Electronics Section forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Caving Store Service

Postby msm0711 » Jan 13, 2014 6:45 pm

Never even heard of Expedition Essentials, but sounds like I'll be avoiding ordering from them. I've had they same issue with Karst. I really don't understand why companies don't communicate with clients when things aren't available. I've had the same issue with IMO and Optics Planet.

As for knee pads, I wear "non-caving" type pads but they are very functional and comfortable:

http://www.amazon.com/Empire-THT-Grind- ... +knee+pads

Though they are made for paintball, they bend well, are comfortable under my pants, dry quickly and are warm but not hot. The shin part is invaluable and I wound wear pads without them now.They are easy to find for around $40 if you search a little.

The elbow pads here are great as well. http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Eclipse-20 ... elbow+pads

These are what I wear and they are holding up very well so far. Mine probably have around 40 hours of underground time on them and show very little wear and tear.
msm0711
Frequent Poster

Name: Michael McBride
NSS #: 65541

Postby msm0711 » Jan 16, 2014 5:30 pm

Since it applies to my woes about caving store service: I received the correction/replacement to rectify my last order from IMO today when I got home. Came just in time, as I'm heading out the door for a 4 day caving trip tomorrow. Nice to see that they are attempting to fix the problem. :clap:
msm0711
Frequent Poster

Postby jharman2 » Jan 17, 2014 10:20 am

msm0711 wrote:Has anyone ordered from WestVirginiaUnderground? I'm pretty sure I've seen someone from their store posting here, and a few of our members have expressed thoughts of buying a Landjoff bag or two from them.

We strive to provide high quality gear, top notch customer service and fast shipping all at the best prices possible. We'd love the opportunity to ship a Landjoff bag full of Highline rope right to your doorstep!
John Harman (Pantin apologist)
http://www.wvunderground.net/
jharman2
Prolific Poster

Name: John Harman
NSS #: 58082
Primary Grotto Affiliation: WVUSG

Postby msm0711 » Jan 20, 2014 7:54 pm

Awesome. Our club will be putting funds together to make a large group buy from you soon!
msm0711
Frequent Poster

Postby firemedic1015 » Jan 20, 2014 11:16 pm

jharman2 wrote:
msm0711 wrote:Has anyone ordered from WestVirginiaUnderground? I'm pretty sure I've seen someone from their store posting here, and a few of our members have expressed thoughts of buying a Landjoff bag or two from them.

We strive to provide high quality gear, top notch customer service and fast shipping all at the best prices possible. We'd love the opportunity to ship a Landjoff bag full of Highline rope right to your doorstep!

John and Gayle are great folks and are a pleasure to work with. I'm sure you'll be pleased by doing business with them.
firemedic1015
Occasional Poster

Name: Zeb Lilly
NSS #: 56382
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Cave Diving Section

Postby jbhubbell » Feb 9, 2014 11:14 am

If u want good service from imo u have to use the code GO DAWGS! At checkout jk. Im surprised that they let down someone from savanna. U mustve sent that order right after the auburn-georgia game :(
jbhubbell
Infrequent Poster

Name: JB Hubbell
NSS #: 64869
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Birmingham Grotto

Previous

Return to Equipment Forum