Caving Headlamp List - regularly updated, with tech specs

Discuss caving lights, packs, helmets, clothing, etc.
For rope and vertical equipment, go to the On Rope! forum.
Cave electronics enthusiasts can also visit the Communications and Electronics Section forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Caving Headlamp List - regularly updated, with tech spec

Postby ArcticHighlander » Sep 8, 2013 9:45 pm

Lots of people in the Candlepower forum, including myself, were pushing for them to add in a 150 lumen level. ZL agreed to do so but it requires additional programing, and will add a week or two. Another suggestion to move the 150 level from H1 to M1 was rejected for this version as it would have required still more programing and further delays. In future models they want to change the UI to make them programmable between 96 different levels. The version about to be issued has a greater range than the old model; from .01 lumen to 1020 lumen (OTF/Ansi).
ArcticHighlander
Infrequent Poster

Postby trogman » Feb 3, 2014 1:23 pm

Looks like the H600 MK II is available, at least through Amazon. If you order one, be sure to go through the SCCI link: http://www.scci.org/ and click on the "Buy from Amazon.com" button on the right side.

It also appears the link to the list at the beginning of this topic is dead. :sad:

Trogman :helmet:
trogman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Stephen Brewer
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Gadsden Grotto

Postby mooreshire » Feb 3, 2014 4:13 pm

trogman wrote:Looks like the H600 MK II is available, at least through Amazon. If you order one, be sure to go through the SCCI link: http://www.scci.org/ and click on the "Buy from Amazon.com" button on the right side.

It also appears the link to the list at the beginning of this topic is dead. :sad:

Odd... the link seems to be working fine as far as I can tell. Google is telling me that there has been between three and nine click-throughs from forums.caves.org every day for the last week (with similar numbers in recent weeks), and that forums.caves.org constitutes approximately 35% of the traffic coming in through the shortened goo.gl link. I'd love it if you could try again and tell me exactly what happens - error page, blank page, wrong page? Does the longer link at the bottom of the first post work?

I updated the stats for the Zebralight H600 series back in October or thereabouts when the 'Mark 2' finally came out (along with the floodlight H602 version) but I forgot to post an update about it here apparently. I also tried to get the new models of Scurions represented, updated the PT Apex Pro which now uses a new diode, and added the Rude Nora 2. I may very likely have made other updates since my last post here that I'm forgetting about, but as always I welcome suggestions so if anyone sees any entries that need double-checking please let me know. I think there are some new Fenix lamps that might make the list soon. I've also heard that Armytec has quietly changed their mind about fixing the electrical/switch issues in the Wizard but are planning a new model to replace it.

At this moment I'm only seeing the Zebralight H602w and H600Fw in stock on Amazon, but I'm sure the standard H600 will get restocked soon and if someone is in a rush they are currently in stock at the manufacturer's site as well as Brightguy and Illuminationsupply (according to Google anyways - I have no affiliation with any retailers).
mooreshire
Occasional Poster

Name: James Mooreshire
NSS #: 45688
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Cascade Grotto

Postby trogman » Feb 4, 2014 7:27 am

mooreshire wrote:
trogman wrote:Looks like the H600 MK II is available, at least through Amazon. If you order one, be sure to go through the SCCI link: http://www.scci.org/ and click on the "Buy from Amazon.com" button on the right side.

Odd... the link seems to be working fine as far as I can tell. Google is telling me that there has been between three and nine click-throughs from forums.caves.org every day for the last week (with similar numbers in recent weeks), and that forums.caves.org constitutes approximately 35% of the traffic coming in through the shortened goo.gl link. I'd love it if you could try again and tell me exactly what happens - error page, blank page, wrong page? Does the longer link at the bottom of the first post work?

I updated the stats for the Zebralight H600 series back in October or thereabouts when the 'Mark 2' finally came out (along with the floodlight H602 version) but I forgot to post an update about it here apparently. I also tried to get the new models of Scurions represented, updated the PT Apex Pro which now uses a new diode, and added the Rude Nora 2. I may very likely have made other updates since my last post here that I'm forgetting about, but as always I welcome suggestions so if anyone sees any entries that need double-checking please let me know. I think there are some new Fenix lamps that might make the list soon. I've also heard that Armytec has quietly changed their mind about fixing the electrical/switch issues in the Wizard but are planning a new model to replace it.

At this moment I'm only seeing the Zebralight H602w and H600Fw in stock on Amazon, but I'm sure the standard H600 will get restocked soon and if someone is in a rush they are currently in stock at the manufacturer's site as well as Brightguy and Illuminationsupply (according to Google anyways - I have no affiliation with any retailers).

I tried it again this morning, in both Chrome and IE. In Chrome it says "Google Drive, the ap is currently unreachable." In IE it just says :"Internet Explorer cannot display this webpage."
It might just be my employer's comp, but I thought I had looked at this on my work comp before. I will try it from home soon and see if it makes a difference. Thanks!

trogman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby ohiocaver » Feb 4, 2014 6:04 pm

I use the Fenix HL 30 and love it as a second source. Only problem I've had so far is the lens on the light cracked (perhaps because I crawled into a solid wall or dropped it). I have not yet replaced the lens and am a bit concerned that it will leak water. However, it is a good light and throws a good beam.
ohiocaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: curt harler
NSS #: 22735RCLFe
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Cleveland Grotto MAKC

Postby trogman » Feb 4, 2014 9:27 pm

OK, it works from home. Thanks, the list and the comparison info is very useful!

trogman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby fr73ed » Feb 8, 2014 8:54 am

My question now is how do the Fenix HP 15 and/or Fenix HP 30 perform ?
Thought I'd get some field opinions...
fr73ed
Frequent Poster

Postby Dangerjudy » Nov 16, 2014 4:07 pm

"Filthy Edna" by Rude Nora is coming soon. They have a pre-launch page. http://www.littlemonkeycaving.co.uk/Pages/ednahome.aspx
The head is lighter than Sten, it uses 2x18650, @ 1000 lumen, @$400.
Birmingham Grotto, NSS 49720. "I reserve the right to be ridiculous." bono
Dangerjudy
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 49720
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Birmingham Grotto

Postby mooreshire » Nov 19, 2014 6:59 pm

Thanks for the heads-up Dangerjudy, but I saw that John's new Filthy Edna lamps sold out immediately. If he makes enough of them to able to maintain some available stock on the website for any length of time then I'll put it on the list. ;-)
mooreshire
Occasional Poster

Name: James Mooreshire
NSS #: 45688
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Cascade Grotto

Previous

Return to Equipment Forum