Zebralight H502 XM-L

Discuss caving lights, packs, helmets, clothing, etc.
For rope and vertical equipment, go to the On Rope! forum.
Cave electronics enthusiasts can also visit the Communications and Electronics Section forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Zebralight H502 XM-L

Postby trogman » Jul 11, 2012 2:12 pm

I have been perusing the threads about this light as well as the Spark headlamps, and trying to figure out which one is best. I know there are a lot of factors that come into play, so it may not be a simple question to answer.The Zebralight and the Spark look to me to be very similar in many respects; is there any one or more advantages that one would have over the other?

Trogman :helmet:
trogman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Stephen Brewer
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Gadsden Grotto

Re: Zebralight H502 XM-L

Postby GroundquestMSA » Jul 12, 2012 5:24 pm

trogman wrote:I have been perusing the threads about this light as well as the Spark headlamps, and trying to figure out which one is best. I know there are a lot of factors that come into play, so it may not be a simple question to answer.The Zebralight and the Spark look to me to be very similar in many respects; is there any one or more advantages that one would have over the other?

I bought a Zebralight a while back, and a Spark for my brother. They both had similar stated brightness and runtime numbers. We like them. I have no idea what the model numbers are for either light. They are both 18650 lights.

NZcaver wrote:Zebralight also makes 18650 headlamps, but you can't run those off anything else.

I ran mine off a couple sets of 123s while waiting for my 18650s to arrive. Nothing bad happened.
I like the Zebralight better because of its shape. The Spark protrudes more. There seem to be a good variety of beam shapes and colors among both lights but I don't really care much about that stuff so I didn't pay too much attention.

rlboyce wrote:80 degrees was actually narrow enough for me to be disappointed when I first got the light, but now it doesn't really bother me at all.

I think this is the case with most piddly variances we so often fret about when making decisions. Hopefully none of our happiness is lost due to a few degrees of undesirable beam width...
GroundquestMSA
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Previous

Return to Equipment Forum