Company Frustration

Discuss caving lights, packs, helmets, clothing, etc.
For rope and vertical equipment, go to the On Rope! forum.
Cave electronics enthusiasts can also visit the Communications and Electronics Section forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Company Frustration

Postby Adventurer » Jan 13, 2012 5:41 pm

I am trying to find a place that sells Lost Creek Deluxe Coveralls, for about a week Ive been sending e-mails,posting on Facebook,and trying to call 2 very well known caving supply companies,with little to no response in regards to my questions.I just wish that they would acknowledge my questions in some format.I dont mean to sound like a jerk,but are inner Mountain Outfitters and Karst Sports still in business or are they closed now/temporarily?All I want is a pair of cave coveralls,Lost Creek Deluxe Coveralls,or the equivalent,in a decent color(Not red w brown butt and leg reinforcements,yucky in my opinion).I am a stay at home dad,and I have to save for anything like this,so im not about to go plunking down any money for anything I do not have info about,and it has gotten to my last bit of frustration.I cannot afford anything too expensive,$200 being the total limit for item plus shipping to Canada.
Is there anyone else that sells caving suits that has something equivalent in price and quality as Lost Creek Deluxe,or sells Lost Creek(Ive tried Onrope1-all they have is the horrible red n brown size Large+ ,Onrope1 was awesome,responding fast as lightning,but the color left a bit to be desired( http://www.onrope1.com/store/index.php? ... &parent=78 ))?Im going insane here,as we have NO stores that sell anything like this unless i travel almost 900 miles.Sigh
Last edited by Adventurer on Jan 13, 2012 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adventurer
Occasional Poster

Name: Ryan

Re: Company Frustration

Postby Cody JW » Jan 13, 2012 5:50 pm

A frequent poster on this forum who happens to be well known in rescue circles owns Lost Creek Packs. He lives in Bloomington , Indiana. Maybe he will see this and give you the info you need.
It only takes one person to surrender a dog to a kill shelter ,but it takes many to rescue it.
Cody JW
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Jeff Cody
NSS #: 23961

Postby batrotter » Jan 13, 2012 6:02 pm

Cody JW wrote:A frequent poster on this forum who happens to be well known in rescue circles owns Lost Creek Packs. He lives in Bloomington , Indiana. Maybe he will see this and give you the info you need.

Geez, why don't you give his handle to the frustrated poster?
batrotter
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Bruce Trotter
NSS #: 27849RL
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Indiana Cave Survey

Postby batrotter » Jan 13, 2012 6:03 pm

The guy you want to contact goes by the screen name of shubumi
He owns Lost Creek Packs.
Send him a PM and he should reply.
batrotter
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Bruce Trotter
NSS #: 27849RL
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Indiana Cave Survey

Postby Adventurer » Jan 13, 2012 6:04 pm

These kind of replies are why i view cavers as the worlds #1 people.thank you :)
Adventurer
Occasional Poster

Postby Cody JW » Jan 13, 2012 6:43 pm

batrotter wrote:
Cody JW wrote:A frequent poster on this forum who happens to be well known in rescue circles owns Lost Creek Packs. He lives in Bloomington , Indiana. Maybe he will see this and give you the info you need.

Geez, why don't you give his handle to the frustrated poster?
I do not personally know shubumi and did not want to put his handle out there. He likely will see this or somebody who knows him will contact him and ask him to read this.He does not use his real name instead uses shubumi, I figure maybe there is a reason for this.
It only takes one person to surrender a dog to a kill shelter ,but it takes many to rescue it.
Cody JW
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Jeff Cody
NSS #: 23961

Postby John Lovaas » Jan 13, 2012 8:20 pm

Ryan- you posted your question about the coveralls on the Karst Sports and IMO Facebook pages 5 hours ago- that would be 3PM Eastern Time. Given that it is Friday, and that many people may be taking Monday off for MLK, a few swings of Occam's Razor might suggest that they haven't seen your FB post. I'll presume you called and/or emailed them around the same time. As both those businesses are VERY small businesses, it might be possible that they took the day off. A lack of interest in your patronage might be the least likely explanation.
imbecile sheepherder.
John Lovaas
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Adventurer » Jan 13, 2012 10:42 pm

John,presume as you enjoy but I e-mailed and posted FB over the weekend/monday and through the week.And when I did get an answer from one place,they barely answered any questions I had asked.The other place,no response at all,so I assumed with a dead 1-800 # it might have closed down or something.I would love to do business with any of them,if I could get some answers before I plunk down what many consider a large amount of cash.I dont want to have to make a suit from garbage bags and duct tape out of sheer desperation.Might not hold up that well in gypsum karst.
Adventurer
Occasional Poster

Postby GroundquestMSA » Jan 14, 2012 12:25 am

Adventurer wrote:I've tried Onrope1-all they have is the horrible red n brown

Are you planning to wear the thing to church?
GroundquestMSA
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby shibumi » Jan 14, 2012 8:46 am

Hi guys, I got Adventurer's PM and will be responding to it shortly. I've been out much of this week dealing with family issues and this is just about the first chance I've had to sit down at a computer or check the shop's phone messages.

Everyone has their own preferences for colors and what some folks will think is spiffy, other folks will find horrible and vice versa :)

Anmar
shibumi
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Adventurer » Jan 14, 2012 8:52 am

GroundquestMSA wrote:
Adventurer wrote:I've tried Onrope1-all they have is the horrible red n brown

Are you planning to wear the thing to church?

yes,I will wear it to church for that price-and my helmet too-if I dont burst into flames entering consecrated grounds.I will even post pics of doing it-but not with brown and red.
Personally,I like to know what i am buying and what is available,freedom of consumer decision and all.
And thank you Anmar for the reply,I will be waiting patiently by :)
Adventurer
Occasional Poster

Postby canuckistanian » Jan 14, 2012 10:35 am

Martin Davis on Vancouver Island makes custom caving suits for Canadian condition and for the price of off the rack( that was the case-not sure about current pricing).Nothing beats custom fit IMHO you can find his info on The Canadian karst info server.
canuckistanian
Infrequent Poster

Return to Equipment Forum