Zebralight H600

Discuss caving lights, packs, helmets, clothing, etc.
For rope and vertical equipment, go to the On Rope! forum.
Cave electronics enthusiasts can also visit the Communications and Electronics Section forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Zebralight H600

Postby DeanWiseman » Dec 8, 2011 6:59 am

Was hoping to give it a spin in Blue Springs (TN), on a trip way in the back to Crashing Spire Plunge.

Grrrrrrr.....
DeanWiseman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 32690
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Central Indiana Grotto

Postby NSS8921 » Dec 19, 2011 7:54 am

Has anyone gotten their H600? And evaluated it?

Thanks,
John
NSS8921
Prolific Poster

NSS #: 8921
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Postby Chads93GT » Dec 21, 2011 1:12 am

Still waiting on mine. I emailed them earlier to inquire about the status of the back order.
Chads93GT
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby DeanWiseman » Dec 21, 2011 3:03 pm

Chads93GT wrote:Still waiting on mine. I emailed them earlier to inquire about the status of the back order.

I say CANCEL YOUR ORDER.

They have the absolute worst customer service.

[Moved from the SD6 Thread]

I am very partisan right now, but I will express my opinion that Zebralight SUCKS, and I will never, ever buy their products again.

I ordered their H600 at the end of October. I had to inquire as to when they thought it would be shipped, which they told me it was "early December."

I got notification of it being shipped, then nothing... Now it seems that it's lost in the mail, and Zebralight hasn't done jack shit to help me resolve the situation. I've written them 2 or 3 times to ask them what the next step is or what I should do... nothing. :shrug:

I went down to my local post office, and they're looking into the situation, but I have not received anything from Zebralight for a month.

Dicks. Screw them, and feel free to share this message anywhere. Zebralight has NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. :down:

-Dean

p.s. I wonder what they would say if they knew I was planning to submit an article to the NSS News (with a subscription of about 10,000) about the new generation of LED headlamps coming to market, and how they suck balls?
DeanWiseman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 32690
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Central Indiana Grotto

Postby Chads93GT » Dec 28, 2011 5:03 pm

Mine was just shipped..........we shall see.........
Chads93GT
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby rlboyce » Dec 28, 2011 11:23 pm

:banana_yay: Woohoo!! I bet you're happy your long wait is finally coming to an end. Hopefully things don't get messed up like they did with Dean. :doh:

Don't forget to give us a review! I'm anxious to see if the H600 will have issues with 18650 lengths...
Happiness can be measured in mud/in².
rlboyce
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Ryan Boyce

Postby Chads93GT » Dec 28, 2011 11:41 pm

I ordered 6 panasonic 18650 rechargables, and i have 2 solarforces (from the spark setup) so we shall see. I am still planning on going to TAG in 2 weeks to Valhalla, Mystery Falls, Cagles, South Pittsburg, Signal Light and Neversink. I'll let you know how it goes compared to the spark.
Chads93GT
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby rlboyce » Dec 29, 2011 9:26 am

Those Panasonic's are a great choice. They are one of the best performing cells out there. They are a little expensive, but I'm sure you'll be pleased with them.
rlboyce
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Chads93GT » Dec 29, 2011 9:47 am

well i only got those purple 2400mah models. not the green ones i also saw for sale on amazon......... which do you recommend/
Chads93GT
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby rlboyce » Dec 29, 2011 10:17 am

I hope I haven't given the wrong impression. I have little experience with 18650s. When you said Panasonics, I thought you may have gotten the NCR ones and didn't realize there were 2400 variants. Unfortunately, I can't really give you recommendations but I have been using a very useful online resource on CPF that you may want to check out: http://lygte-info.dk/info/Batteries18650-2011%20UK.html
rlboyce
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Chads93GT » Dec 29, 2011 10:28 am

Hey I see now. thanks! Ill have to get some of those too, lol. always looking for a better battery!
Chads93GT
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Chads93GT » Dec 30, 2011 2:18 pm

Light came in a couple hours ago. Light as a feather without the battery. Not too bad with both mounted on my helmet, much lighter than when I had a fenix HP20 and HP10 mounted at the same time.......... Its really bright......has a much whiter tone to the light than the spark. the spark looks more yellowish compared side by side. Unfortunately< i wont be caving for a couple weeks......but here are some size comparisons. Looks as indestructable as the spark.

Chads93GT
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Cody JW » Dec 30, 2011 2:45 pm

Let us know what you think about it Chad. I hope Dean gets his. Gotta love all the great new lights to choose from that are reasonably priced. I am curious to know the spread of beam and how efficient it is. I know Chad puts his lights through hell in that wet Missouri stuff so if it is good enough for him it is certainly good enough for me.
It only takes one person to surrender a dog to a kill shelter ,but it takes many to rescue it.
Cody JW
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Jeff Cody
NSS #: 23961

Postby rlboyce » Dec 30, 2011 5:31 pm

Dude, that's 1250 total lumens on the front of your helmet for $200 (not including batteries or charger). For those who have as much or more light on their helmets and aren't impressed, they paid many times what you did.

Yellowish in a good way or bad way with the Spark? You don't have a neutral white spark, do you? They say Zebralight usually does a very good job of selecting good tints, so the H600 shouldn't seem excessively cool in color.

Put the diffuser in the Spark (or simply take the reflector out) and you have the best of both worlds: wide spot with the Zebra and even flood with the Spark.

I wonder how a video would turn out if you used both lights simultaneously? : )

Do those Solarforces fit in the Zebralight?

I am curious to see how dirt and mud interacts with these o-rings over time as they are exposed to the environment during in-cave battery swaps. You are surely aware of this already, but I recommend to keep an eye on these from time to time and replace them when necessary. These and the rubber buttons are probably the weak points in the design, but all designs have weak points. Don't over abuse and they should be fine.
rlboyce
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Chads93GT » Dec 30, 2011 5:44 pm

Solar forces do fit. Not sure about the tint of my spark but you are probably right. I think I will do the diffuser lense in the spark as well. I'm excited.
Chads93GT
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment Forum