Mammut Tripod Helmet

Discuss caving lights, packs, helmets, clothing, etc.
For rope and vertical equipment, go to the On Rope! forum.
Cave electronics enthusiasts can also visit the Communications and Electronics Section forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Mammut Tripod Helmet

Postby zstep7 » Feb 15, 2011 3:30 pm

I couldn't find any info on here about this helmet. It is supposed to be similar to the Petzl Meteor but was wondering if anyone had any input.
zstep7
Infrequent Poster

Name: Zach

Re: Mammut Tripod Helmet

Postby Downundercaver » Feb 19, 2011 5:09 am

No joke just about to write a new thread for how good this thing looks i got a link
http://www.mammut.ch/en/productDetail/2 ... pod+2.html
in case you hadn't been to there website. The only problem is it looks to have the outer shell which will dent every time you hit head aka not good for caving. Bummer though i really think this thing looks 100% sick.
Downundercaver
Frequent Poster

Name: Ben Mcalpine

Postby zstep7 » Feb 19, 2011 8:40 am

Well, a little late about the dent info, already received mine. I have to say that it is extremely lightweight. The holes, primarily located along the back and sides; seem more than large enough to keep my head cool. Adjustments seem very easy and the appearance is very attractive. My only complaint so far is the rear headlamp clips force my battery pack about a half inch lower than the bottom of the helmet. I shook it around and it don't move.
zstep7
Infrequent Poster

Postby Downundercaver » Feb 20, 2011 7:54 am

Lucky you, Does it have a soft outer shell or is it hard? Also I'm in Australia do you mind if i ask you how much it cost American currency is fine I'll just work it out from that.
Downundercaver
Frequent Poster

Name: Ben Mcalpine

Postby zstep7 » Feb 20, 2011 4:51 pm

Well it seems similar to a skateboard helmet. I believe it would take one heck of a shot to dent it. The price varied quite a bit from place to place but I got it for $65 + shipping.
zstep7
Infrequent Poster

Postby NZcaver » Feb 21, 2011 1:44 am

I see "tripod helmet" and I'm thinking a helmet which also functions as a tripod. Something with a screw thread protruding from the top upon which to mount a camera.

Like these. :laughing:

Image Image
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Return to Equipment Forum