Princeton Tec Rant

Discuss caving lights, packs, helmets, clothing, etc.
For rope and vertical equipment, go to the On Rope! forum.
Cave electronics enthusiasts can also visit the Communications and Electronics Section forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Princeton Tec Rant

Postby commanderzoom » Dec 12, 2010 5:44 pm

Sungura wrote:Well my new Corona is en route to me as of tomorrow's shipping pickup.
I remember reading about long turn around times...*shrugs* I just told them what happened to it, they said to send it back UPS and tell 'em the tracking number and they'd put the new one in the mail right away. I'll have it in plenty of time for TAG. Should be here mid next week, actually.

That's awesome. I got sidetracked & still haven't contacted them about the Apex & the EOS' I'm having problems with. Maybe I'll get a similar response this time.
commanderzoom
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 61484
Primary Grotto Affiliation: MVG

Postby self-deleted_user » Dec 12, 2010 8:23 pm

Well when I contacted them I said I had a trip planned and I need it back by the 31st of Dec since my flight leaves early Jan 1st, so how should I ship it back so I can get the replacement quick? And she just said "Send it UPS or FedEx with a tracking number,then tell me the tracking number, as soon as I have the tracking number I can send out the replacement".

Very friendly and polite and workable with me, at least! I was happy w/ the service.
Self-deleted due to large troll population on the forum, and absence of moderation.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby commanderzoom » Dec 21, 2010 11:44 pm

Update: I emailed PT last week about the warranty claims and they got back to me about 6 days ago so that was good. I was distracted because my Grandpa's dying and didn't read the email until yesterday or the day before. I told them I have a caving trip coming up in early January. They sent me an RMA# but are telling me there's a 3 week turn-around time on warranty claims. 3 weeks isn't too bad--it's a lot better than 6+ weeks--but it sucks to be without 1 one of our primary lights. 3 of the primaries if you count my mom & friend using the EOS'. Ugh. Maybe they'll come back to me sooner. I'm crossing my fingers. I was going to send them back today but Ronnie (my husband) badly fractured his wrist last night and wanted me to take him to the ER since he didn't go when he hurt himself :roll: . Forgot to take the package along but I'm planning on mailing it tomorrow. I wish I'd remembered to mail it off today so I could get the lights back sooner.
commanderzoom
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 61484
Primary Grotto Affiliation: MVG

Postby pebblepoint » Jan 18, 2011 11:30 am

If anyone has trashed the apex, I might buy the battery box for a project.
I'll also post this in the WTB sections.
thanks,
don bittle
little egypt, semo,crf
pebblepoint
Occasional Poster

Previous

Return to Equipment Forum