Funny & Interesting Laws

Want to share a good joke? Post it here. No offensive jokes, please.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Funny & Interesting Laws

Postby fuzzy-hair-man » Oct 17, 2008 9:45 pm

Shrek3 wrote: * Law of the Telephone: When you dial a wrong number, you never get a busy signal.

OR you just never find out it was a wrong number if the phone is busy. :wink:
Shrek3 wrote: * Variation Law: If you change lines (or traffic lanes), the one you were in will start to move faster than the one you are in now. (works every time)

so stay put, it really annoys me when people change lanes all the time trying to barge their way in it's not worth the effort and it just pisses everyone else off!! :rant:
fuzzy-hair-man
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: NUCC

Postby NZcaver » Oct 17, 2008 9:57 pm

fuzzy-hair-man wrote:
Shrek3 wrote: * Variation Law: If you change lines (or traffic lanes), the one you were in will start to move faster than the one you are in now. (works every time)

so stay put, it really annoys me when people change lanes all the time trying to barge their way in it's not worth the effort and it just pisses everyone else off!! :rant:

Amen! Just like all the idiots who don't know how to merge lanes properly in heavy traffic. How hard is it to stay in your lane right up to the point where it's coned off and THEN merge with the traffic in the next lane? One vehicle from each lane alternates into the single lane, just like a zipper. It aint rocket science. :roll:
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby KD5NRH » Oct 18, 2008 1:36 am

Shrek3 wrote:* Law of Close Encounters: The probability of meeting someone you know increases when you are with someone you don't want to be seen with.

Whenever I can't find my wife in the grocery store, I just look around for a college girl to flirt with...works every time.
KD5NRH
Occasional Poster

Postby Amocholes » Oct 18, 2008 3:15 am

Law of Ropes and Electrical Cables: Any rope or cable will tie itself in a knot if given 5 minutes on it's own.
When facts are few and far between, hypothesis defies all logic, as to how an individual came to the conclusion, that the point that they are trying to make, is indeed true and not just the fabrications of a deluded mind.
Amocholes
Prolific Poster

Name: Don
NSS #: 49385
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Stonewall Cavers

Return to Joke Forum