Some double meaning

Want to share a good joke? Post it here. No offensive jokes, please.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Some double meaning

Postby tallgirl » Nov 21, 2007 6:22 pm

Shrek3 wrote:1. THINGY (thing-ee) n.
Female......Any part under a car's bonnet (hood).

seriously i mean my car is lucky i know where to put the oil when its little light goes on....
Failed gene line :grin:
:bat:
tallgirl
Prolific Poster

Postby Phil Winkler » Nov 21, 2007 7:03 pm

er, uh..tallgirl,

Seriously, if you are waiting until the little oil light comes on to add oil, you have probably already sustained engine damage. Oil really ought to be checked every time you fill up with gas.

That little oil light is a definite danger sign when it comes on.

Really, this is not a joke.
Phil Winkler
13627 FE
Phil Winkler
Global Moderator

NSS #: 13627FE

Postby mgmills » Nov 21, 2007 7:10 pm

Phil Winkler wrote:er, uh..tallgirl,

Seriously, if you are waiting until the little oil light comes on to add oil, you have probably already sustained engine damage. Oil really ought to be checked every time you fill up with gas.

That little oil light is a definite danger sign when it comes on.

:off topic:
I agree - years ago I learned that lesson the hard way! I know where to check the oil, the brake fluid and the transmission fluid. Just checked my antifreeze level a few weeks ago. I can also change my own tire.
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Name: Martha Mills
NSS #: 39864
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Postby fuzzy-hair-man » Nov 21, 2007 8:16 pm

Phil Winkler wrote:That little oil light is a definite danger sign when it comes on.

:exactly: Adding another voice where it's not needed but I broke an engine (spun a big end bearing) after my oil light came on for approximately 20 seconds (whilst going not while starting).

My excuse is that the area I was living at the time was really hilly and it was hard to find a level spot to park and check the oil (not a very good excuse). When the oil light comes on is probably going to depend on what oil pressure the manufacturer set to turn the light on so it may not cause much damage in tallgirl's car, it's definately not something I'd be relying on though.

To get back on topic(jokes) a friend told me the story of a guy who was good enough he could travel large distances on his motorbike on one wheel anyway he did this long enough that the oil pickup in the bottom of the engine was starved of oil and the engine siezed. :shock: :laughing: That's a pretty good bike control :bow:
fuzzy-hair-man
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: NUCC

Postby tallgirl » Nov 21, 2007 9:08 pm

wow what a response :shock:

yeah i know my car a little better than i let on(this is the joke forum)... but i still dont take care of it like i probably should... as adleedy can tell you i havent washed it in about a year... i know how to check all the vital fluids and how to check/inflate the tires but not how to change the tires... if i cant get a guy to do it for me there must be no gentlemen driving by :caver: . truthfully tho all the real work is done by my dad as it is still officially his car i just pay for gas :grin:
Failed gene line :grin:
:bat:
tallgirl
Prolific Poster

Postby mgmills » Nov 23, 2007 8:46 am

fuzzy-hair-man wrote:[To get back on topic(jokes) a friend told me the story of a guy who was good enough he could travel large distances on his motorbike on one wheel anyway he did this long enough that the oil pickup in the bottom of the engine was starved of oil and the engine siezed. :shock: :laughing: That's a pretty good bike control :bow:

I once when I was younger and blond (:kidding: though I was younger blond at the time thanks to hair dye) I took my car to the mechanic because it was making a random thumping noise. Turned out there was a two liter soda bottle rolling around in an otherwise empty trunk. The mechanic got a good :rofl: about that one.
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Postby Dane » Nov 23, 2007 12:56 pm

My brother-in-law traveled a great deal in his job.
On one occasion, he had the opportunity to assist a disabled motorist.
After eliminating a variety of possible causes for the car to stall and not crank, he ask the young lady if her fuel gauge worked. When she replied in the affirmative, he told her that he thought the fuel tank was simply empty.

She asked him if it would be alright to drive it as far as the next service station with it empty, and he assured her that it would be if she could manage to get it started.

(he brought her some fuel and got her own her way).
Dane
"Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed."
http://www.myspace.com/daneinchattanooga
Dane
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Dane
NSS #: 57919
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Chattanooga

Postby mgmills » Nov 25, 2007 5:13 pm

Shrek3 wrote:
mgmills wrote:
fuzzy-hair-man wrote:[To get back on topic(jokes) a friend told me the story of a guy who was good enough he could travel large distances on his motorbike on one wheel anyway he did this long enough that the oil pickup in the bottom of the engine was starved of oil and the engine siezed. :shock: :laughing: That's a pretty good bike control :bow:

I once when I was younger and blond (:kidding: though I was younger blond at the time thanks to hair dye) I took my car to the mechanic because it was making a random thumping noise. Turned out there was a two liter soda bottle rolling around in an otherwise empty trunk. The mechanic got a good :rofl: about that one.

I can imagine that mechanic talk about this in bar.

Yeah, I'm sure he got a good laugh about it. I laughed too . . . it was funny :doh:
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Return to Joke Forum