18 things you didn't know you could buy on eBay

Want to share a good joke? Post it here. No offensive jokes, please.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby tallgirl » May 14, 2007 7:17 pm

Dane wrote:So, what's your sign/can I buy you another drink/do you come here often????
:kidding:

I know your just kidding and all but you're like my fathers age. You might be into that and all but damn. So do you have a son thats into caving? How old is he? Is he single?

way way way off topic :off topic: :funny post: :nyah:
Failed gene line :grin:
:bat:
tallgirl
Prolific Poster

Postby Evan G » May 14, 2007 8:48 pm

:rofl: :rofl:

Dane wrote:I'd like to get another one, but there are so many makes and models to choose from, it is a little exasperating trying to find just the right one.

But the shopping is fun!!!

I actually stopped shopping the last one was "cheap date". I found there no such thing!

Fine print, hidden costs, service fee, Investment management account with no gains, I felt a mortgage was needed. Sometimes it is best to pack the bags and dump the loss unfortunately my credit was damage with the loss. I rather lose the credit than an ethical accounting practicing.

Ok I spend to much time with my career, I need to get out more. :grin:
Evan G
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: EEG
NSS #: 28685
Primary Grotto Affiliation: NRMG

Postby Dane » May 14, 2007 10:13 pm

Evan - I'm afraid that we have had either the same accounting advice or at least suffered the same credit risks!!!
Oh well, you can't take it with you, and it was certainly a learning experience!

TG - while I didn't know your age when I posted that (or now for that matter), you are right - I was just joking regardless.
Not quite ready for the internet dating thing just yet, although I am sure you are a lovely young lady.
My son will be 20 next month and has just started caving, and hope to have him vertical this summer.
And while he got his sense of humor from his old man, fortunately he got his good looks from his mom!

[/img]
Dane
"Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed."
http://www.myspace.com/daneinchattanooga
Dane
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Dane
NSS #: 57919
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Chattanooga

Postby Evan G » May 14, 2007 10:27 pm

Dane wrote:Evan - I'm afraid that we have had either the same accounting advice or at least suffered the same credit risks!!!
Oh well, you can't take it with you, and it was certainly a learning experience!

Agreed

TG- Hey there you go!
Evan G
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby tallgirl » May 14, 2007 11:24 pm

Dane wrote:TG - while I didn't know your age when I posted that (or now for that matter), you are right - I was just joking regardless.
Not quite ready for the internet dating thing just yet, although I am sure you are a lovely young lady.
My son will be 20 next month and has just started caving, and hope to have him vertical this summer.
And while he got his sense of humor from his old man, fortunately he got his good looks from his mom!
[/img]

lol I hope you know I'm joking too. BTW I'm 21 so I guess your son is a little young for me. lol
Failed gene line :grin:
:bat:
tallgirl
Prolific Poster

Postby Evan G » May 14, 2007 11:37 pm

TG wrote:lol I hope you know I'm joking too. BTW I'm 21 so I guess your son is a little young for me. lol

:rofl: Picky, picky :rofl: I understand :grin:
Evan G
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby mgmills » May 16, 2007 7:56 am

Wayne Harrison wrote:Dane,

I feel for you man. So much so that I looked up some pickup lines for you...

If your into country music, the latest and greatest pick up line is "I wanna check you for ticks" (song by Brad Paisley) . . . . possibly a good line to use with caver women especially this time of year here in TAG country.
:-)

sorry to be slightly :off topic:
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Name: Martha Mills
NSS #: 39864
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Postby Dane » May 16, 2007 8:43 am

Thanks Wayne/Martha - Lord knows I can use all the help I can get!!!!
Dane
"Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed."
Dane
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Wayne Harrison » May 16, 2007 8:47 am

I hadn't heard it but looked up the lyrics (I love the Internet):

id like to see you out in the moonlight
id like to kiss you way back in the sticks
id like to walk you through a field of wildflowers
and id like to check you for ticks

oh id sure like to check you for ticks
Wayne Harrison
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 18689 FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: unaffiliated

Postby Dane » May 16, 2007 9:24 am

It just goes to show that you can recognize true love in any language!!!
Dane
Dane
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby hunter » May 16, 2007 9:34 am

:rofl: Somehow I think this thread went slightly askew. I've gotta say
Wayne, at this rate maybe you should add a members only dating/advice section to the chat room!

Gotta admit Dane I'd never have guessed your age from your Avatar! Dating aside I think I'd rather not know peoples ages, otherwise I start feeling like I'm the youngest around (or almost in this case).

James :off topic:
hunter
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Wayne Harrison » May 16, 2007 10:16 am

hunter wrote::rofl: Somehow I think this thread went slightly askew. I've gotta say
Wayne, at this rate maybe you should add a members only dating/advice section to the chat room!

Or have something like our British cousins have..

Singles Caving Weekends

What does it involve?

It's great fun, great exercise and takes you into a unique world, where few people go. Events Together singles caving weekends and holidays can be enjoyed by anyone reasonably fit. Contrary to what some may think, caving doesn't necessarily have to involve squeezing through very small gaps either!

http://www.eventstogether.co.uk/topics/ ... ekends.php

Or Speed Dating on a cave trip. It's called "Adventure Dating" :

SPEED DATE
Seated on the cave floor, in a large chamber underground, we will time each date for 5 minutes, giving you an opportunity to meet every member of the opposite sex in the group, and scoring your interest in them. Then, we'll take back the clipboards, and you will continue on the adventure with the commencement of the Middle Earth Expedition.

THE ADVENTURE
The group embarks on a highly charged 3 or 5-hour expedition in which you can observe each others behavior. Everyone on this trip has at least two things in common: physical fitness and a love of the outdoors. Click HERE to see pictures of our Adventure Trip. Click HERE to see pictures of our Middle Earth Expedition. See prospective partners as they challenge themselves to complete the adventure with courage and finesse, crawling and climbing through tight spaces in the cave on the spelunking portion of the trip. Who is drawing your attention as you progress? The guy who’s a team player and encourages others? The gal whose adventurous spirit and delight in the trip makes you smile? When this part of the evening is complete, you will already have an idea of who makes your heart race.

http://www.caverntours.com/AdventureDating.htm
Wayne Harrison
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 18689 FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: unaffiliated

Postby Dane » May 16, 2007 10:35 am

Well, while I don't have any issues with my age (having birthdays is much better than the alternative!!!!), I must admit that I am somewhat distressed over the publicity of the sorry state of affairs my love life appears to be in!!!!

(Oh - I started feeling old the minute I realized that all of the DJ's on the radio were younger than me!!!)

Hmm.....while I would love to go to GB for some caving and to see some friends, but it may be a little far even for a "long-distant realtionship".

Besides, I have gone caving three or four times in the last week, and am going to a cave or two again tomorrow and at least two more this coming weekend.
I cave more in a month than a lot of people do in a year!
I don't really need a "caving weekend".

Besides, the people in that picture looked like caving nerds!!!!
(and we all know how THEY are!!!)
Dane
Dane
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Teresa » May 16, 2007 11:21 am

Wayne Harrison wrote:I hadn't heard it but looked up the lyrics (I love the Internet):

id like to see you out in the moonlight
id like to kiss you way back in the sticks
id like to walk you through a field of wildflowers
and id like to check you for ticks

oh id sure like to check you for ticks

I about drove off the road when I heard that song for the first time. OMG! is *that* what he sang?

I've actually had that line used on me in the woods once about 15 years ago.
It worked.
Teresa
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby NZcaver » May 16, 2007 3:54 pm

Wayne Harrison wrote:Or have something like our British cousins have..

Singles Caving Weekends

When I first got into caving back in the old country, one standing joke was to tell your workmates/friends etc on Friday that you had to had to leave ASAP because you were "off for a dirty weekend." :laughing:

Often, those of us who were single cavers would follow up by politely asking an elegible member of the opposite sex if they would like to tag along. Occasionally this tactic actually worked, and a new caver (and sometimes a new relationship) was born. :egyptian:
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

PreviousNext

Return to Joke Forum