They Walk Among Us

Want to share a good joke? Post it here. No offensive jokes, please.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Stridergdm » Mar 30, 2007 10:42 pm

NZcaver wrote:Perhaps getting a credit card with a PIN number assigned to it would be the answer?

And then there are those who KNOW better who use a PIN Number at the ATM machine to get cash to buy Salsa Sauce (yes, actually saw a product called that years ago.)

They cave among us!

Still on-topic, friend of mine was a summer Ranger at Wind Cave National Park many years. The questions they'd get asked were quite funny.

Including "How much does the cave weigh?" And looking at the map on the counter and pointing to it, "How much of this has been explored?"
Stridergdm
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Greg Moore
Primary Grotto Affiliation: RPI Grotto

PIN Number

Postby cavedoc » Mar 31, 2007 1:13 am

Stridergdm wrote:
NZcaver wrote:Perhaps getting a credit card with a PIN number assigned to it would be the answer?

And then there are those who KNOW better who use a PIN Number at the ATM machine to get cash to buy Salsa Sauce (yes, actually saw a product called that years ago.)

Is that the automatic ATM machine?
Roger Mortimer
cavedoc
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Roger Mortimer
NSS #: 26529
Primary Grotto Affiliation: San Joaquin Valley Grotto

Re: PIN Number

Postby NZcaver » Mar 31, 2007 5:24 am

cavedoc wrote:Is that the automatic ATM machine?

That's the one - where you type in your Personal PIN Number...
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby hollieberryb » Jul 25, 2007 10:20 pm

Stridergdm wrote:
NZcaver wrote:

They cave among us!

Still on-topic, friend of mine was a summer Ranger at Wind Cave National Park many years. The questions they'd get asked were quite funny.

Including "How much does the cave weigh?" And looking at the map on the counter and pointing to it, "How much of this has been explored?"

As a cave guide at a show cave, we get a lot of those...my favorites are: "Wow! I thought it would be a lot hotter this close to the center of the earth!", and even better, "Now, there's no gravity down here, right?" (yes, they were IN the cave when they asked that! :doh:
Because MUD is good for the complexion!
http://www.myspace.com/hollieberryb
hollieberryb
Frequent Poster

Name: Hollie Baranick
NSS #: 55288
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Chattanooga Grotto

Re: credit cards...

Postby tallgirl » Jul 25, 2007 11:44 pm

muellerduran wrote:hi guys,
can anyone help me out by giving suggestion on american express credit card i have to apply for a card urgently!!

welcome to america! live here for a week and u will start receiving credit card offers buy the dozens lol
Failed gene line :grin:
:bat:
tallgirl
Prolific Poster

Postby Todd » Jul 27, 2007 12:26 pm

hollieberryb wrote:As a cave guide at a show cave, we get a lot of those...my favorites are: "Wow! I thought it would be a lot hotter this close to the center of the earth!", and even better, "Now, there's no gravity down here, right?" (yes, they were IN the cave when they asked that! :doh:

Caves are safe, but don't go too far north...
Someone told me once that she'd like to visit the north pole because "It would be so cool to stand in a place with no gravity."
Todd
Frequent Poster

NSS #: 48351

Postby Dane » Jul 28, 2007 2:15 pm

I mentioned to some cube-mates at work that I was going caving that evening.
One of them, who coincidentally is blond, said, "You go caving at night? Won't it be dark?".
"Damn, you're right! I guess I better carry a flashlight, huh??"
And then at that very moment, you could actually see the light go on in her head!

:rofl:
Dane
"Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed."
http://www.myspace.com/daneinchattanooga
Dane
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Dane
NSS #: 57919
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Chattanooga

Postby Teresa » Jul 29, 2007 6:46 pm

Stridergdm wrote:

Including "How much does the cave weigh?"

Oh, darn. Doesn't everyone know that a cave weighs nothing, because it is what isn't there? I learned *that* my first week of smart aleck cave guide training...or how to keep one's sense of humor and smile sweetly, while those around you are asking preposterous;y insane questions.
Teresa
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby caverbill » Aug 3, 2007 1:35 pm

I stopped into a country store with a small deli to get a late lunch. The place did not look open due to dark windows and there were two women sitting out front smoking. As I approached, I asked "Are you open", she said yes and started to get up from the bench. Then she asked what I wanted in which I respond food. She took two step and then asked..."the kind you eat?"

Without hesitation, I said, "I don't know, what other kinds do you have"?
caverbill
Occasional Poster

Postby LostCaver » Aug 5, 2007 9:37 pm

hollieberryb I know exactly what you mean, I too work for a show cave. My all time favorites are

- How many miles are undiscovered in this cave?
-Is the cave underground?

And my all time favorite:
First of all the entrance to said cave is about 160' wide and from floor to surface is about 100' A nicely dressed lady with an extremely nice camera is standing 100 yards from the entrance looking around aimlessly, obviously lost. So I ask, "Is there anything I can help you with miss?" To which she responds, "Why yes, Can you tell me where the cave entrance is?" I'm sure my face turned white and it was everything I could do not to laugh. The only thing I could do was to point her in the right direction and scamper off to laugh hysterically to myself.
LostCaver
Infrequent Poster

Postby hollieberryb » Aug 7, 2007 10:04 pm

LostCaver,

Those are great! A few more of my faves:

Is there oxygen down there?

I thought the cave was pretty, but you really should put in some windows, or maybe a skylight.

I've been here before, I just don't remember the cave part.

:doh:
Because MUD is good for the complexion!
http://www.myspace.com/hollieberryb
hollieberryb
Frequent Poster

Name: Hollie Baranick
NSS #: 55288
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Chattanooga Grotto

Postby baa43003 » Aug 11, 2007 10:29 am

Working at a show cave I try to keep in mind that there are no stupid questions.

There is however an abundance of inquisitive idiots.
Nothing's as precious as a hole in the ground.
-Midnight Oil

"Alright, who let Bonny on Cavechat? Is there a manager I can speak with?" -- that Bartlett guy
baa43003
Frequent Poster

Name: Bonny Armstrong
NSS #: 43003RL
Primary Grotto Affiliation: American Caving Accidents editor NSS Membership Committee

Postby baa43003 » Aug 19, 2007 9:01 am

Oh, darn. Doesn't everyone know that a cave weighs nothing, because it is what isn't there? I learned *that* my first week of smart aleck cave guide training...

But caves do weigh something. Air has mass, and therefore weight. Air weighs 0.0786 lbs/sq. in. at sea level. It was once estimated, taking into account elevation, that Jewel Cave weighs over 129 tons!

:kewl:
-Midnight Oil

"Alright, who let Bonny on Cavechat? Is there a manager I can speak with?" -- that Bartlett guy
baa43003
Frequent Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: American Caving Accidents editor NSS Membership Committee

Postby baa43003 » Aug 19, 2007 9:05 am

:oops:

I meant to say cubic inches. Also, why do some of my posts get double posted?

Duh
-Midnight Oil

baa43003
Frequent Poster

Postby Wayne Harrison » Aug 19, 2007 12:00 pm

baa43003 wrote:Also, why do some of my posts get double posted?

Do you hit the submit button only once and they still double post? Notice anything unusual submitting before you see double posts?
Wayne Harrison
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 18689 FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: unaffiliated

PreviousNext

Return to Joke Forum