The Tip

Want to share a good joke? Post it here. No offensive jokes, please.

Moderator: Moderators

The Tip

Postby Dane » Dec 3, 2006 9:49 pm

As a result of me losing my hair at an early age, combined with the fact that my ex-wife was very petite little blonde, everyone always assumed she was much younger than I, when in fact there was only a couple of years between us.
Anyway, being the dutiful husband, I followed along once when she went to the beauty shop at a local department store.

Taking some pity on me, she "let" me wander the mall while I waited, as long as I promised to be back at the appointed time.

Remarkably, I got back at exactly the predetermined time, and seeing no one at the counter, I poked my head around the corner. I caught the eye of the hairstylist working on my then wife, pointed at my wrist (the international sign for "how much longer"), and holding up first one hand full of extended fingers, then the other, she indicated five or ten more minutes.

Well, I confined my wanderings to the upstairs portion of the department store (towels, knick-knacks, small appliances) and headed back.

I came in right when she was putting her wallet back into her pocketbook, and she said "That was good timing".
Proud of my unusual punctuality, I told her, "Well, the girl said 5 or 10 minutes, and here I am!"
"Yea", she said, "She told me my dad poked his head in to check on me!"
"Your dad!!!! I hope you didn't give that b!@$$% a tip!!!" I fumed!
Oh yea, $20!!!!" she gloated!

I guess the compliment is in the eye of the beholder!
Dane
"Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed."
http://www.myspace.com/daneinchattanooga
Dane
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Dane
NSS #: 57919
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Chattanooga

Return to Joke Forum