bat sticker sighting

Topics and issues of interest to cavers which are not related to caving. No political or religious discussions, please.

Moderator: Moderators

bat sticker sighting

Postby wendy » Nov 25, 2009 1:17 pm

I'm watching an old episodeof No Reservations on the travel channel, the show with Anthony Bourdain. He is in South Carolina near Charleston. They showed him driving an old blue pick up truck with a basset hound next to him. There was a bat sticker in the back window behind the driver's seat. Who's truck is that?
"Blessed are they who learn from their mistakes. For they shall make, if not necessarily fewer of them, different and more interesting ones."

"It's the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have the time." - Tallulah Bankhead
wendy
Global Moderator

Name: Wendy
NSS #: 53923
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flint River Grotto

Re: bat sticker sighting

Postby graveleye » Nov 25, 2009 3:34 pm

I think someone else brought that up once and no one came forward.

I spot a certain moderator around here every so often driving home from work.

I also see a dark blue SUV thing every so often up near my house with bat stickers on the back glass and an NSS plate on the front. I've tried to get their attention several times but not been successful.

And finally, a few weeks ago I saw an older car with a bat sticker on it. I got excited and pulled up next to them and looked and no, this person was definitely not a caver!!
ad astra per aspera

http://www.myspace.com/jamthecontrols

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

Become a sustaining member of the SCCI
graveleye
Global Moderator

Name: Kevin Glenn
NSS #: 57238RL

Re: bat sticker sighting

Postby wendy » Nov 25, 2009 4:34 pm

I use a magnetic bat sticker for my rental cars when i travel.

traveling to NC after the cave-in we saw several bat stickers on the road
"Blessed are they who learn from their mistakes. For they shall make, if not necessarily fewer of them, different and more interesting ones."

"It's the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have the time." - Tallulah Bankhead
wendy
Global Moderator

Name: Wendy
NSS #: 53923
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flint River Grotto

Return to Open Talk Forum