caver gal doubts if she'll recover from fox mountian

Topics and issues of interest to cavers which are not related to caving. No political or religious discussions, please.

Moderator: Moderators

caver gal doubts if she'll recover from fox mountian

Postby slapout » Nov 18, 2008 3:37 am

as many of you know i am new to caveing and in the hospital and doing well. My 3 friends from Yuma AZ Keith, lorie, and gamble flew out to see me they are avid cavers and alot of fun to be around. they are also glad that i am joining a grotto soon. Now they wanted to go to buyers so they went and they loved it and cant wait to come back again . All except tic tock (lorie) it seems that in AZ the time dosen't change . Well it got dark on the trail with the leaves falling they got off it somehow they had gps and could hear the interstate so they knew they would be ok . that was till tic tock slid into a gully and rolled into a half decomposed deer. as she emerged with blood, guts and funk on her she said for once the guys wouldnt even give her a hug. yep she was crying laughing wet tired smelly and soon to be cold cause to save money they chose to use my new ford350 pickup and not to get a rental car my truck still has that new car smell and only had 30 miles when they got it . thank God she rode in the back i only live a few miles from sues so it wasn't that bad."the ride that is" you know the funk was . they came back to tell all about it the next day me and the doc couldn't stop laughing at the poor little miss barbie doll thought i might pass it on and remember it is hunting season so be extra careful but they this one might have been hit by a car because it was so mangled :rofl:
slapout
Frequent Poster

Name: stephen driver

Re: caver gal doubts if she'll recover from fox mountian

Postby Ralph E. Powers » Nov 18, 2008 9:13 am

Yuck... :laughing:
Without the possibility of death, adventure is not possible. ~ Reinhold Messner

http://ralph.rigidtech.com/albums.php
Ralph E. Powers
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 37616

Postby Jeff Bartlett » Nov 18, 2008 12:43 pm

i had trouble following this story, except for the really gross part. YUCK! =)
"Although it pains me to say it, in this case Jeff is right. Plan accordingly." --Andy Armstrong
Jeff Bartlett
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Jeff Bartlett
NSS #: 59325
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Tennessee Cave Survey

Postby Larry E. Matthews » Nov 18, 2008 3:22 pm

What does this have to do with Cave Conservation?

Did I miss something?

Larry E. Matthews
NSS #6792-F
Larry E. Matthews
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 6792
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Nashville Grotto

Postby slapout » Nov 19, 2008 12:23 am

sorry for the wrong forum thought I was somewere else guess only my mind was. Havn't figuard out how to change it yet still a novice. please accept my apology and stupidity.
slapout
Frequent Poster

Postby wendy » Nov 19, 2008 1:09 pm

slapout wrote:sorry for the wrong forum thought I was somewere else guess only my mind was. Havn't figuard out how to change it yet still a novice. please accept my apology and stupidity.

I wasn't sure where to put it, so I relocated your post to the open talk forum.
"Blessed are they who learn from their mistakes. For they shall make, if not necessarily fewer of them, different and more interesting ones."

"It's the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have the time." - Tallulah Bankhead
wendy
Global Moderator

Name: Wendy
NSS #: 53923
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flint River Grotto

Postby slapout » Nov 19, 2008 8:04 pm

Thanks wendy I guess its its a odd/gross topic maybe i'm warped but I thought it was funny. But it reminded me that hunting season is here and we have alot of cavers out in the woods I know some hunters dont care whose land their on cause on my land my horse was shot in the woods last year so please be careful.
slapout
Frequent Poster

Return to Open Talk Forum