Thank You Wayne Harrison

Topics and issues of interest to cavers which are not related to caving. No political or religious discussions, please.

Moderator: Moderators

Thank You Wayne Harrison

Postby tncaver » May 18, 2008 1:18 pm

I want to take this opportunity to thank Wayne Harrison for the fantastic job he has done with the NSS websites.
I'm sorry to hear he is stepping down. Those will be big shoes to fill. I hope Wayne's decision isn't due to illness.
tncaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Re: Thank You Wayne Harrison

Postby Wayne Harrison » May 18, 2008 1:40 pm

Thanks tncaver. It's been a rewarding three years and I've truly enjoyed doing it.

I've got a lot of stuff on my plate, both with my recovery and my plans to retire and move to England in less than two years, so I need to start extricating myself from some of my responsibilities.

I didn't want to step down until I had everything in a positive place. After getting Cavechat into the latest phpBB software, where it's more secure and after starting OnlineCavers, which was embraced by cavers faster than anything I expected, and maintaining thegrowing NSS Flickr photo pool, I think they're all in a good place to turn the administration of them over to some other qualified NSS caver. I hope I've helped expand the NSS reach around the Web. I look forward to working with my replacement on the transition and seeing where they'll take all this and what other ideas for NSS Internet outreach they have.
Wayne Harrison
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 18689 FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: unaffiliated

Postby MoonshineR DavE » May 18, 2008 9:02 pm

Yes, thank you Wayne for doing such a great job. I have enjoyed every minute of cavechat, online cavers, and the photo pool. :cavechat:
MoonshineR DavE
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby batrotter » May 19, 2008 6:16 am

Thank you Wayne! You've done one heck of a job!
batrotter
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Bruce Trotter
NSS #: 27849RL
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Indiana Cave Survey

Postby CaverScott » May 19, 2008 7:34 am

The core of the NSS is our volunteers. I don't think we can say Thank You enough for the time, energy, and effort you have put in to our cyber worlds.

CaverScott
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 19797L
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Birmingham CIG SCCi IKC

Postby Doug Bohannon » May 30, 2008 10:14 am

Joined the NSS a couple of months ago, and joined the NSS Online Cavers shortly after. Had some problems getting my "Home Page" the way I wanted it (due to my company's firewall) and asked Wayne for some assistance. Not only was he able to confirm the reasons for my problems, he offered to (and did) take care of the page set-up for me! As a former webmaster and IT technician, I know first-hand that assistance of that degree is hard to come by, but Wayne stepped up in a big way and it was much appreciated. Big shoes to fill? I'm thinking "HUGE" shoes to fill. He certainly made this newcomer feel at home and I wish him all the best with his health and all future plans. "Thank You" seems a bit weak, but it's all I can say...
:clap:
Doug Bohannon
Infrequent Poster

Name: Doug Bohannon
NSS #: 60043

Postby Ralph E. Powers » May 30, 2008 8:26 pm

Thanks Wayne for helping upkeep one of the best sites for caving discussions out there.
Without the possibility of death, adventure is not possible. ~ Reinhold Messner

http://ralph.rigidtech.com/albums.php
Ralph E. Powers
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 37616

Return to Open Talk Forum