April Fools!

Topics and issues of interest to cavers which are not related to caving. No political or religious discussions, please.

Moderator: Moderators

April Fools!

Postby Squirrel Girl » Apr 1, 2008 6:04 am

I'm never creative enough to come up with good April Fools tricks. A few years ago, Washington, DC offered to host a marathon race in the Metro subway tunnels. You'd have to wear helmets and lights on the race. April Fools! That was a good one.

So here I am reading the 20 or so emails I got over night. One came from Yardiac--a lawn care supply company:

Never cut the grass again! Buy a goat
Cuts & Fertilizes At the Same Time

Yes, a goat. Not as neat as a lawn mower, but good enough. In one end, out the other. Cuts the grass and feeds the lawn at the same time. Get your own goat today. They do an excellent job of keeping the grass down, although they can be a bit indiscriminate at times.

They are not very good at a light trimming of course, big mouthfuls of grass from the center of the lawn is more their thing, not good at neat edges where the grass and the fence line meet, but in general they do a good job. Some customers hang on to their back legs and hold them up to direct their head. Reasons to buy:

A good investment no gas required
Highly reliable too (nothing the local vet won’t sort out)
Affectionate & lovable animals- Environmentally friendly to boot.
Free goat droppings for the compost pile.

Click Here for Pricing & Shipping Information
-------------------------------------------------
So, true, but what's this about Pricing and Shipping?????? So I clicked the button. April Fools!
:rofl:
Barbara Anne am Ende

"Weird people are my people."
Squirrel Girl
Global Moderator

NSS #: 15789

Re: April Fools!

Postby Phil Winkler » Apr 1, 2008 7:19 am

Phil Winkler
13627 FE
Phil Winkler
Global Moderator