wine glasses

Topics and issues of interest to cavers which are not related to caving. No political or religious discussions, please.

Moderator: Moderators

wine glasses

Postby Shannon » Oct 7, 2007 1:48 pm

My roommate broke my wine glass from Convention this year. It's not shattered, but it's definitely broken enough that I don't want to try and use it again. The answer is probably no, but is there anywhere I could get a replacement glass?

My other option is to try and repair it, if possible. There's a small chip on the rip and a crack that goes most of the way down the body of the glass. Is there glue that would work on glass? Or maybe something else?
Shannon
New Poster

Postby wendy » Oct 7, 2007 4:16 pm

have you tried to contact the grottos in Indiana and see if they have anymore? I'm not sure which grottos were involved
"Blessed are they who learn from their mistakes. For they shall make, if not necessarily fewer of them, different and more interesting ones."

"It's the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have the time." - Tallulah Bankhead
wendy
Global Moderator

Name: Wendy
NSS #: 53923
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flint River Grotto

Postby wyandottecaver » Oct 8, 2007 7:33 am

There were a very few wineglasses/shotglasses left after convention that were snatched up. "someone" was also swiping them off the tables during the banquet! My suggestion would be to put out a plea and see if anyone wants to donate one. I gave mine away already.
I'm not scared of the dark, it's the things IN the dark that make me nervous. :)
wyandottecaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby wyandottecaver » Oct 8, 2007 7:35 am

P.S. the organizers were mainly from the Central Indiana grotto and the Harrison-Crawford Grotto. The best person to try would be Dave Haun (CIG)
I'm not scared of the dark, it's the things IN the dark that make me nervous. :)
wyandottecaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Open Talk Forum