The 3007 NSS Convention will be at Gilese 581c. Sign up now!

Topics and issues of interest to cavers which are not related to caving. No political or religious discussions, please.

Moderator: Moderators

The 3007 NSS Convention will be at Gilese 581c. Sign up now!

Postby hewhocaves » Apr 25, 2007 11:18 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gliese_581_c

Scientists just announced the discovery of an earth-like planet within the star's habitable zone only 20.4 light years away from earth. The specualtion is that so far it has all the conditions for liquid water on its surface. Liquid H2O, of course, is useful if not essential for an innumerable number of chemical reactions including several involving limestone and cave formation.
The NSS and WNS: Cooperation, not confrontation.
hewhocaves
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: John Tudek
NSS #: 36021
Primary Grotto Affiliation: MonGrotto

Postby Jonathan » Apr 25, 2007 11:55 am

Hey, I'll be there. Pending when I die they figure out how to unfreeze me in a thousand years so i'll make it alive
Jonathan
Frequent Poster

Postby Scott McCrea » Apr 25, 2007 3:47 pm

I have been asked by the hosting grotto to coordinate the transportation registration for NSS 3007. You can reserve your spot in the transportation device for only $329.00. Send me cash or a money order. Sorry no checks. Full refundable, of course. All you can eat pretzels included!
Scott McCrea
SWAYGO
Scott McCrea
Global Moderator

NSS #: 40839RL
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flittermouse Grotto

Postby Sean Ryan » Apr 27, 2007 3:56 pm

Anyone want to carpool to this event? I'm be residing in New Jersey in 3007. I promise not to take up much space, being a withered 1,000-year-old head in a jar. I'd normally volunteer to drive but I have trouble with both stick and manual transmissions because, you know, head in a jar.
Sean Ryan
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Open Talk Forum