Global Warming......

Topics and issues of interest to cavers which are not related to caving. No political or religious discussions, please.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby erebus » Mar 14, 2007 11:36 am

A portion of my 100% renewable-generated electricity bill goes to renewable energy research. The difference in my monthly bill since switching to renewable is about $15. I get to deduct some of the electric bill from my taxes.
erebus
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 6752

Re: Global Warming......

Postby ArCaver » Jan 28, 2009 9:43 am

I always hear global warming is a "new" theory used by extremists to somehow make money. Although I agree a lot of money goes into research grants on climate I doubt it's a drop in the bucket compared to the research on drilling, mining or even weapons development. I contend the energy concerns use contrarian theories to continue the rape of the earth and enslavement of mankind. Maybe these two links can at least dispute the newness of global warming theory.
http://www.edf.org/documents/381_FactSh ... meline.pdf
http://www.lenntech.com/greenhouse-effe ... istory.htm
ArCaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby boogercaver71 » Jan 29, 2009 10:02 am

When I was a geology student in the mid 70's, the global alarmists of the day were shouting about "global cooling" and we were heading back towards another ice age. The only entity I feel raped and enslaved by is the much too large and powerful federal government.
boogercaver71
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 19471

Postby Mark620 » Oct 22, 2009 3:12 pm

http://motls.blogspot.com/search/label/climate

there are 673 posts about the climate on this blog. Dozens of them include detailed, quantitative, and verifiable explanations why the global warming alarm is a gigantic hoax.
"People who really believe that global warming leads us to a doomsday should be treated as mentally ill." Quote : Luboš Motl
Mark620
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 55638
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Cave Owners Club _ I own Caves

Postby ArCaver » Oct 22, 2009 9:12 pm

ArCaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Chads93GT » Oct 22, 2009 11:59 pm

And the largest reason for the hoax? Follow the money trail. Who stands to gain from "Global Warming"
Chads93GT
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby ArCaver » Oct 23, 2009 5:43 am

Pray tell?
ArCaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby NZcaver » Oct 23, 2009 2:04 pm

Chads93GT wrote:And the largest reason for the hoax? Follow the money trail. Who stands to gain from "Global Warming"

ArCaver wrote:Pray tell?

Not this guy... :sad:

NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby Mark620 » Oct 23, 2009 4:36 pm

The level of CO2 in the atmosphere will have to be high enough that it will be toxic to human life before significant global warming will occur.
The money to be wasted chasing it could be much better spent cleaning up pollution. 1. Floating Island of plastic in the middle of the pacific ocean. Toxic Landfills etc.

Is everyone aware that the "Love Canal" was a sanctioned(by the state of NY) toxic dump. It had a 15 foot clay cap put on it and the land was sold back to the state of NY for a dollar....
"People who really believe that global warming leads us to a doomsday should be treated as mentally ill." Quote : Luboš Motl
Mark620
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 55638
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Cave Owners Club _ I own Caves

Postby Teresa » Oct 23, 2009 5:23 pm

Chads93GT wrote:And the largest reason for the hoax? Follow the money trail. Who stands to gain from "Global Warming"

Air conditioning technicians. It's the world wide conspiracy of AC and HVAC technicians that created global warming. *|;-^)
Teresa
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby wyandottecaver » Oct 23, 2009 5:50 pm

well there are lots of folks who stand to gain by convincing us global warming does NOT exist as well. Plenty of "scientists" for both sides. I find the whole argument rather sadly amusing. Is putting less pollutants in the air EVER a bad idea except for the ones making money from cheaper/dirtier production? (see China as a case study) Yet we use "global warming" to focus attention on the weather so we dont ask the important questions.

The arctic is melting, glacier NP is melting, in 2005 locally (midwest) we got like 33 inches of snow in 1 storm and 2009 was a very cool summer. We use the weather for evidence when its the practices we should be evaluating.
I'm not scared of the dark, it's the things IN the dark that make me nervous. :)
wyandottecaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby tncaver » Oct 23, 2009 7:21 pm

Seems like the earth is experiencing weather extremes more than just Gloabal Warming. This could be a natural thing or
man made to some extent, and goes both ways (hot and cold). But some things are definitely changing. Now explain all
the earth quakes occurring all over the earth. Multiple quakes in the same zones seems to be increasing.
tncaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby MUD » Oct 24, 2009 12:38 am

:big grin: The world is comin to an end....scoop yer booty now! :laughing:
MUD
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: None

Postby basjr » Oct 24, 2009 7:18 am

It is the one and only Mr. Global Warming himself.......Al Gore.......... Of course he is not the only one, because every good money making scheme requires a large misleading team.(madoff) Scientists have discovered the earth has cycles, like your washer. So yes, climate change is real, but not much we can do about it, nor should we, other than adapt and overcome. If you want to go green, fight pollution.
I might be a "cave" man, but i am no neanderthal!
Basjr
basjr
Occasional Poster

Name: Brett Allen Smith Jr.

Postby ArCaver » Oct 24, 2009 1:13 pm

basjr wrote:

It is the one and only Mr. Global Warming himself.......Al Gore.......... Of course he is not the only one, because every good money making scheme requires a large misleading team.(madoff) Scientists have discovered the earth has cycles, like your washer. So yes, climate change is real, but not much we can do about it, nor should we, other than adapt and overcome. If you want to go green, fight pollution.

So how does Al Gore stand to gain more from climate change than the international oil/energy industry could gain by spoofing that the climate is not changing? i'm also quite confused by the claims that: 1. "The climate is not changing!" and 2. "The climate change is natural and not caused by human activity!" These two claims are mutually exclusive yet both constantly pour from mouths of professional propagandists posing as legitimate information sources. Back in the day when it actually was called global warming the neocons tried to claim it was an improvement that would benefit all mankind with longer growing seasons and higher crop yields.
ArCaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Open Talk Forum