Martial Artists who are Cavers

Topics and issues of interest to cavers which are not related to caving. No political or religious discussions, please.

Moderator: Moderators

Martial Artists who are Cavers

Postby Ralph E. Powers » May 27, 2006 4:42 pm

I've been caving off and on for nearly 30 years. I've met hundreds of fine people (and a couple of bad eggs) and lately I've been noticing that quite a few are also invovled with other like-minded activities including Martial Arts.
I'm wondering how many of you are also martial artists and what art(s) you study and your current/past rank.
Lets keep this real okay?

Myself, I hold no belt in any art but have studied various arts through the years, since I was 14...roughly about the same time I started caving. Right now if asked I'd call myself JKDI (Jeet Kun Do Influenced). Am seriously considering taking Kenpo or if I can find a good school where I live, Aikido.

Check out http://www.martialtalk.com they've a great discussion board for Martial Artists.
Without the possibility of death, adventure is not possible. ~ Reinhold Messner

http://ralph.rigidtech.com/albums.php
Ralph E. Powers
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 37616

Postby Herman Miller » May 30, 2006 12:31 pm

same boat as you ralph, I'll be the first to state that I dont pocess a single belt though i did come close in judo lol. Often times While deployed to Bases in the middle-east classes are taught several times a week due to the lack of off-duty recreation, you can only take a picture with a camel so many times. I've devoted quite a few months into: aikido, taekwondo, jujutsu, karate, and yes judo.
Herman Miller NSS# 55273SU BOG Candidate 2010, 2012
Herman Miller
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: herman miller
NSS #: 55273
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Permian Basin Speleological Society

Return to Open Talk Forum