just some random chat

Topics and issues of interest to cavers which are not related to caving. No political or religious discussions, please.

Moderator: Moderators

just some random chat

Postby newcaver315 » May 15, 2018 11:33 am

so hows everyone been any exciting news to share? spring finally hit about time hey my fellow new yorkers. took that leap today and put in a registration with suoc couple of questions im waiting on answers and ill be shoveling out some cash to get myself geared up... thanks guys you're officially responsible if i get addicted to this stuff you know? haven't gotten any gear and i'm looking around my yard like yeah i could make some zip lines up no problem lol anybody else ever thought that or am i just a big kid? any way figured id make a post to see how lively yall are. :argue:
newcaver315
Infrequent Poster

Name: Bryon

Re: just some random chat

Postby GroundquestMSA » May 15, 2018 10:35 pm

Not lively. Sorry but this has been a dead forum for quite a while now.

Exciting news? Last week we discovered the largest amount of new cave in our state in the last several years. Turned around in going (and walking) passage.
GroundquestMSA
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby CaverScott » May 16, 2018 2:09 pm

GroundquestMSA wrote:Not lively. Sorry but this has been a dead forum for quite a while now.

Exciting news? Last week we discovered the largest amount of new cave in our state in the last several years. Turned around in going (and walking) passage.

Turned around?? :shrug: :yikes:
CaverScott
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 19797L
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Birmingham CIG SCCi IKC

Postby trogman » May 17, 2018 12:28 pm

CaverScott wrote:
GroundquestMSA wrote:Not lively. Sorry but this has been a dead forum for quite a while now.

Turned around?? :shrug: :yikes:

I did that myself last Saturday. I wasn't able to survey any more, and I didn't want to scoop, so I am saving it for another day. I have been told that the entry passage in this cave is so difficult that I don't have to worry about getting scooped. Not sure if that's true, but I will find out next time I go back there. Over 1500' long so far.

Congratulations, Jonah on your discovery!

Trogman :helmet:
trogman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Stephen Brewer
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Gadsden Grotto

Return to Open Talk Forum