Creepy crawlies in the Mojave

Topics and issues of interest to cavers which are not related to caving. No political or religious discussions, please.

Moderator: Moderators

Creepy crawlies in the Mojave

Postby Squirrel Girl » Apr 3, 2012 11:52 am

Hey guys, I'm headed to the Movaje, later this spring. Just for a few days. I'll be camping. Normally I try and not have to pitch a tent, as that's a PITA. Maybe not so much in this case, as I may have 4 days in 1 spot, so maybe I will.

I just got back from the Tucson area camping w/o a tent and all was well. But I hear there are worse creepy crawlies in the Mojave. Do I have to worry about those nastiest of all rattlers, the Mojave Green, or scorpions crawling in with me? The long range forecast has my 1st day at 96 degrees, but it's normally around 90 for the high and 60 for the low.
Barbara Anne am Ende

"Weird people are my people."
Squirrel Girl
Global Moderator

NSS #: 15789

Re: Creepy crawlies in the Mojave

Postby wendy » Apr 5, 2012 11:12 am

I don't remember any creepy crawlies while I camped there. I was at Rainbow Basin park outside of Barstow. There was a sign on the bathroom door warning of rattlers, but none seen or heard. If you get the chance head over to death valley, it was awesome too.
"Blessed are they who learn from their mistakes. For they shall make, if not necessarily fewer of them, different and more interesting ones."

"It's the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have the time." - Tallulah Bankhead
wendy
Global Moderator

Name: Wendy
NSS #: 53923
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flint River Grotto

Return to Open Talk Forum