Jobs in TAG

Topics and issues of interest to cavers which are not related to caving. No political or religious discussions, please.

Moderator: Moderators

Jobs in TAG

Postby self-deleted_user » Jul 29, 2011 6:14 pm

Okay so allllll of my internet searching is grinding to a halt as I keep running up on repeats and just waiting for new ones to be posted as I've basically sorted through all the archives i can find.

So...cavers unite! who down south knows someone in the biotech/research/academia lab/biochem type work and can give me said person(s) contact info and put in a good word for me??? I still realllly like the Atlanta area best (partially because I want to keep playing capoeira and there is a CDO group there) but dang at this point, as a month has gone by and no job offers yet I'm feeling slightly more desperate and hence not so picky!

Although apparently my PI entered my work in Neuroscience which is in November so maybe that's a good sign I won't loose my job end of Sept (due to lack of funding, which is down from 20% last year to 8.6% this year and we were not one of the lucky fews!). Got an email confirming my poster session numbers and abstract submission, wat? oh, okay then! :kewl:
Self-deleted due to large troll population on the forum, and absence of moderation.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Re: Jobs in TAG

Postby wyandottecaver » Jul 29, 2011 7:09 pm

you tried Hazel Barton? she might be able to use some caver lab types.

Plan B: Find a Sugar Daddy :P
I'm not scared of the dark, it's the things IN the dark that make me nervous. :)
wyandottecaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby self-deleted_user » Jul 29, 2011 7:27 pm

wyandottecaver wrote:you tried Hazel Barton? she might be able to use some caver lab types.

Plan B: Find a Sugar Daddy :P

RIGHT That is the name I forgot to try, just looked her up and emailed her. Isnt' there someone who works at cdc atlanta too?

Nah, I actually enjoy working if it's a good productive lab that is interesting.

More like Plan B: Find a PhD program to try for a year while job hunting, so at least I'm getting paid :P Is that horrible of me? hahaha I'm looking at Emory for Neurosci...at least they have plans laid out so I can't get caught in rule changing BS again.
Self-deleted due to large troll population on the forum, and absence of moderation.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby self-deleted_user » Jul 31, 2011 1:23 pm

Or additionally...search NPS and such for jobs that include caving...wat? Oh yes, I just applied at Carlsbad. They need a tour guide. Favourite quote from the posting "Several of the tours are strenuous and require extended periods of time underground, crawling through tight passage ways and climbing on uneven and slippery surfaces." HELL YES consdering it's GS-03/04/05 (depending on quals) and 05 is basically "has a college degree" I think i'm good :P VA research job postings are GS-11 and higher. My current is is technically a GS-13 I think.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Open Talk Forum